Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

Looking forward to the long weekend and it's honestly come at the perfect time. Looking forward to spending time with the wider family on Easter Sunday as well as stuffing my face with a lot of chocolate. Anyone got any big plans for the weekend?

2 hours ago, Darth said:

Looking forward to the long weekend and it's honestly come at the perfect time. Looking forward to spending time with the wider family on Easter Sunday as well as stuffing my face with a lot of chocolate. Anyone got any big plans for the weekend?

Now that I think about it, wouldn't mind a ham and jelly beans

44 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Only few people can't make up a community, but where large number of people gather, it can make a community of individuals,lots of people are needed for any business progress lol. 

Sorry, but what are you talking about? I understand English may not be your first language, but I would not even know how to edit that to have it make sense. That post is mess, clearly typed in a rush. If English is not your first language, that's all the more reason to take your time. But you don't care about that, do you? It's possible your post got muddled in translation;

Or could this be the result of making almost 30 posts in the last hour! Care, thought, quality, foresight, clearly these things don't matter to you. I am seriously starting to loose my patience with this. Stop, I and mean right now. Whatever it is you plan to post on next, just stop. You cannot claim to be posting with any level of care for quality, attention falling within the discussions or absorbing the points and knowledge of anyone you claim to be replying to at this pace, so stop.

I'm trying to be fair to you lot, but my patience is approaching it's end. Stop posting anything just to say something. just stop.

I am trying to say that, few people can't make up a community like Facebook, I'm trying to reply to what @Justin11 said via the text he shared. Even here at VGR, few members can't keep it interactive. Maybe I spoke in idioms, that's why you could not digest what I said. Yes, I understand that English is not my main language, but I'm trying to type with more effort to be fluent, I know I'm not, but gradually I will. 

10 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I am trying to say that, few people can't make up a community like Facebook, I'm trying to reply to what @Justin11 said via the text he shared. Even here at VGR, few members can't keep it interactive. Maybe I spoke in idioms, that's why you could not digest what I said. Yes, I understand that English is not my main language, but I'm trying to type with more effort to be fluent, I know I'm not, but gradually I will. 

With all due respect, you're wrong. A few voices can have more of an impact than a thousand voices. A community, especially online, is not measured by quantity, but by the connections that exist within it's members. When I talk to you, I try to be as clear as I can, but you still don't understand that posting as much as you can is not what being active and valued in this community means. Quantity over quality. It is not about posting as much as you can, it's about making posts that add value. Stop posting anything just to post something. How many more ways can I say it?

If you are struggling with posting in English, that is all more reason for you to take you time.  You of all people should not be making a post every couple of minutes. I literally could not do that, and English is my first language. If need you need help, please ask. But either way, post like you care about what you post and take your time.

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Only few people can't make up a community, but where large number of people gather, it can make a community of individuals,lots of people are needed for any business progress lol. 

There is tech community where we are just 5 members that are active and it's a decent one based on how our discussion on several topics goes. It's not always about how big the number is but the sense of connection and communication of points given by each 5 of us. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is tech community where we are just 5 members that are active and it's a decent one based on how our discussion on several topics goes. It's not always about how big the number is but the sense of connection and communication of points given by each 5 of us. 

xD, you're correct. We are madly active here, I love it. VGR is serving like my everyday social media,I don't spend time on social media, it doesn't give me the feelings I need to go forward with satisfaction. Because I don't learn much from users there, they just want to scam me. Just few members here, we are feeling like large community of active users.