Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

I got you better now, their is no point stretching it long. Rats can be infected when the environment is contagious, I believe you're right. Dirty environment can cause a rat being harmful since it feeds within. But do you know that the rats in my demographic is so crazy that you wouldn't want to have them as pet? If you keep them around the corner, just be prepared to lose half a dozen of your food items. They don't even feed it right, just taking little by little, condemning the food totally. 

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Rats are not toys, nor are they games. They save lives.

He probably didn't know your story with your rats. 

To each and their own with what they see as safe for them to keep and not keep. We all make do with what works for us. Your rats work for you, so don't pay heed to what others say about their own rats. 

Guys, rats are not vermin. They may invade spaces, but they also do a lot of good. For example they're scavengers among other things. They will eat decomposing bodies of dead animals around your property, which can actually make you sick. With venomous snakes (as well as any other snake), feral rats will often attack like a swarm and kill it for food. And snakes, like just about any other reptile, actually do carry diseases like salmonella, which you can get from just handling them. This includes domestic reptiles. Snakes and turtles are the worst about it.

The only way a rat "condemns the food" is if they carry a disease. They are often just as healthy and disease free as you or me. They are also often cleaner, as they groom themselves all day. They love baths also.

So even a feral rat is good to have around. Feral rats also save lives.

17 hours ago, Shagger said:
  1. As @The Blackangel will testify, as pets rats (provided they are care for properly) are totally hygienic and completely harmless.

You guys have some serious misconceptions, and what makes this worse id=s that you really should have known all of this if you had payed any attention what @The Blackangel says about them.

That's true for the most part, but occasionally you get one that's just an asshole and will bite. I've had a few. One even bit all the way through my fingernail and out the meat of the tip of my finger. He passed away a few years ago, unfortunately. But 99% of rats are sweet and loving. They love to cuddle, they love kisses, they love to play, and they love to explore. They're also easy to train. A toddler could do it.

24 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

That's true for the most part, but occasionally you get one that's just an asshole and will bite. I've had a few. One even bit all the way through my fingernail and out the meat of the tip of my finger. He passed away a few years ago, unfortunately. But 99% of rats are sweet and loving. They love to cuddle, they love kisses, they love to play, and they love to explore. They're also easy to train. A toddler could do it.

It's likely at least 1% of dogs will be assholes like that as well.

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

It's likely at least 1% of dogs will be assholes like that as well.

You hardly see that in dogs being that I'm a dog person, it takes good training and your dog would behave almost as it's a human being. 

23 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Most animals are pretty easy to train if you're doing from they are young - I had one dog that was a dick to everyone else (including my family) but me. If my neighbor ever said anything bad about him he'd go take a poop on their lawn. When mating season was in effect, he ran up the wall and jumped over it like Jet Li only to come back later knocking on the gate. I never understood why he was such an ass to my mother because my mom treated him extremely well just like myself - He just wouldn't listen to her.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:45 PM, The Blackangel said:

I forgot that today was a prank day. Having nothing but empty time, the days tend to blur together until you don't know what day of the week and month it is. All i know is that I got my check today.

I didn't get the chance to do any pranks on any of my friends nor did any of them had one on me as I was in Isolation after experiencing a meltdown. 

On 4/11/2022 at 2:30 AM, Justin11 said:

Everyone got choice on this, I think I prefer lions as pet than rats lol. 

Are you seriously kidding me right now? Lions? I would just pass out getting one close to me. It's like they do in Dubai, I was freaked out the last time I went there and had an encounter. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Are you seriously kidding me right now? Lions? I would just pass out getting one close to me. It's like they do in Dubai, I was freaked out the last time I went there and had an encounter. 

Even getting close to one that's locked up in a cage at the zoo still gives me the chills and not to talk about getting in close proximity with it like I do with dogs. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm not kidding, that's the one that comes through my mind, I don't have one now, but hopefully in the future I'll have a lion as a pet. Memphis Depay of Barcelona FC, has a lion as pet. He's a human like me, others have it, but it's Depay I remembered clearly, I'll go for a lion if I need a pet bro.