Register Now
killamch89

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Happening, Kojima Making Silent Hill, Konami Reviving Castlevania

According to some rumors, Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake is in the works (MGS fanboy here and I hope this comes to pass but then it's Konami - hope disappears). Also, Kojima is making Silent Hill (Please make this come true - don't make Konami have any input) and Konami is also planning to revive Castlevania (Konami is just going to mess this up. I can feel it.). What are your thoughts on these rumors?

21 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I would like that MGS remake so I can get a little more background to the series. Since Kojima is making Silent Hill, which is another big one, then I wonder what Bloober Team is working on. Because a lot thought they may be doing a Silent Hill. 

MGS3 and MGS5 are the two earliest points in the lore and would influence the other series like MGS 1,2 and 4. MGS 5 gives you the origins of certain villains in the series before they became what they are. MGS 3 was more about Solid Snake's Origins.

A remake of the very first Metal Gear from the MSX could be so incredible. I really don’t like it very much, but I love Metal Gear 2. The first one is okay but it’s just so barebones. Also prone to game-breaking iirc. I can imagine it being remade in the style of Metal Gear 2, or in the style of MGS 1-3, and either would work well.

13 hours ago, Empire said:

A remake of the very first Metal Gear from the MSX could be so incredible. I really don’t like it very much, but I love Metal Gear 2. The first one is okay but it’s just so barebones. Also prone to game-breaking iirc. I can imagine it being remade in the style of Metal Gear 2, or in the style of MGS 1-3, and either would work well.

If I'm not mistaken, they already had made a remaster for MSX.

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Konami should try to remove F2P in their recent games, because it's simply discouraging it's fans. modding back Castlevania is nice, fans are hoping for it's welcome back, but not in an F2P mode. 

I don't think the Castlevania is going to be a F2P game although with Konami, you never know. PES is permanently screwed unless they revert to what they were before.

1 hour ago, Pepperpot said:

This is how you redeem yourselves, Konami. You do right by your fans. 😊

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/konami-opens-new-studio-in-osaka-as-it-celebrates-50th-birthday-3425115

That's a good step in the right direction but Konami has to do way more to redeem themselves such as actually start making quality games again and stop focusing on those gambling machines they've been making recently.

I've not heard much about their upcoming Silent Hill games following their late 2022 showcase event, but Steam was updated recently to say the SH2 remake is "coming soon."

But over the summer, there ought to be news. 

Edited by Pepperpot