Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you have to readjust the difficulty in mid-game?

I don't touch it once I go up to harder difficulties, unless I'm raising the difficulty. It's why I use a game genie on a lot of my old games. I put in codes that put me at a disadvantage to make the games more challenging because after playing some for 30+ years I've just gotten too good at them to the point that they're just boring as hell. So I put in some codes to tweak the program, put myself under some new settings that leave me weaker and my enemies stronger, and the games run anew.

I started on easy, but found it too easy, and finished the game on hard.

In saying that, I literally finished the main plot and all side quests barely really parrying attacks at all. Mostly stealth, and then just any disrupter weapons (kunai, bombs and smoke bombs) got me through, with ALOT of rolling around.

The only time I play a game on Easy is if I'm a complete n00b, and want to play it and need to learn the mechanics of the game. Things like how the controller is set up, how interaction with NPC's is scripted, and in general how the game runs. After I get all that down, I tend to quit the game and start a new one on a higher difficulty setting. But I can probably count the number of games I have with a difficulty option on one hand. Most everything else is just a linear game that is one setting and has no option in the game code. The only ones in my library (minus the previously mentioned few) that have a difficulty option are fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, StaceyPowers said:

How often do you have to readjust the difficulty in mid-game? Are your resistant toward lowering it?

Once I have increased the difficulty level of any game that I play, it's never getting lower no matter how hard it gets for me. 

On 10/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, StaceyPowers said:

How often do you have to readjust the difficulty in mid-game? Are your resistant toward lowering it?

What's the essence of readjusting the difficulty to be easier level when I was the one who felt the need to have it increased? 

In Skyrim I usually like to play on the hardest difficulty settings once I've developed my character enough.  The problem with that is on the highest settings enemy magic becomes ridiculously overpowered.  So much so that even one of those soul gem traps that shoot magic can kill you with a single hit or two.  So I will sometimes reduce the difficulty to get through sections that would otherwise be damn near impossible.  It's really annoying.

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Playing at the hardest difficulty makes you consider yourself a pro and not a beginner. 

To play at the highest difficulty level and get through it definitely makes you a good player. Not all gamers play at such level. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

To play at the highest difficulty level and get through it definitely makes you a good player. Not all gamers play at such level. 

Exactly, most of them plays in average level of difficult and some even play at easy levels since they don't want to stress themselves.