Register Now
StaceyPowers

What series have come out with consistently better games over time?

3 hours ago, Darth said:

I'm sure there are a lot of game series' that fit into this topic quite well. But from the games that I personally play, it has to be GTA. Every single GTA game has been great and they've only ever gotten better. And I'm sure the next GTA will absolutely blow GTA 5 out of the water.

GTA makes sense, but I feel like it has gotten worse in some ways. Rockstar has become lazy imo when it comes to the GTA series. Yeah GTA V was a marvel, looked stunning and had a decent story, though that ending annoyed me. I feel like they can only go up from here, but they really need to get creative with the gameplay, and the world you're going to be in. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

GTA makes sense, but I feel like it has gotten worse in some ways. Rockstar has become lazy imo when it comes to the GTA series. Yeah GTA V was a marvel, looked stunning and had a decent story, though that ending annoyed me. I feel like they can only go up from here, but they really need to get creative with the gameplay, and the world you're going to be in. 

I wouldn't say lazy, to be honest. I think greedy might be a better word to describe them because the only reason we haven't got another GTA game is that GTA 5 is making them so much money. It's also the reason why they didn't bother creating any single player content for GTA 5.

4 hours ago, Darth said:

I wouldn't say lazy, to be honest. I think greedy might be a better word to describe them because the only reason we haven't got another GTA game is that GTA 5 is making them so much money. It's also the reason why they didn't bother creating any single player content for GTA 5.

Lazy and greedy is more like it. Lazy in the sense that their gameplay design is dated and due for an update/upgrade. And greedy for focussing on just online and making their game an annoying grind. At least it was for me. Still mad they never did single player DLC. 😞 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Lazy and greedy is more like it. Lazy in the sense that their gameplay design is dated and due for an update/upgrade. And greedy for focussing on just online and making their game an annoying grind. At least it was for me. Still mad they never did single player DLC. 😞 

Seriously, we are really tired of getting the game in that same way but what can we do about it? I don't really see any at all. 

They 'Rockstar could've added that extra feature which is already missing out. Even if they updated the game patch by releasing a DLC that offers the feature, it could've made sense. 

Edited by Justin11

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Battlefield used to be good one when it comes to EA series till their last two series that came out especially the Battlefield 2042. 

It's very sad to see how far the Battlefield series has fallen. I loved Battlefield 4 and even Battlefield 1 was quite a lot of fun. The latest two games haven't been good enough and I really do hope that EA and DICE get their crap together to create a proper Battlefield experience again.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Are there any game series that you feel have consistently evolved with better and better instalments?

I think that DMC came out quite well in its substantial release. There are so many other games that came out better. 

56 minutes ago, Darth said:

It's very sad to see how far the Battlefield series has fallen. I loved Battlefield 4 and even Battlefield 1 was quite a lot of fun. The latest two games haven't been good enough and I really do hope that EA and DICE get their crap together to create a proper Battlefield experience again.

Yeah it's been having problems for years now. I almost feel like they need to go back to the way things used to be, and try and replicate that for a new audience. Because their older titles are the more popular ones. 

5 hours ago, Darth said:

Seriously a lot of people have been disappointed with what happened with the game and it's a shame that there's nothing we can do about it. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Their are 100s of series around, their are hidden ones we need to discover. It takes time and proper reviews to dig deep and get a good series playing again. 

Yeah, that's very correct. There are so many games that we can't even know of. There are so many new games that I got to pick up from there. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct. There are so many games that we can't even know of. There are so many new games that I got to pick up from there. 

Yeah, going through different video game review sites we can still discover more options of video game there.