Register Now
Maxi

How long are you planning on playing games?

Playing video games have been a part of me for a very long time. I started playing video games at the age of 4. I'm 29 years old now and I think I'm still going to play till 40 years at least. I have seen a gamer who's 60 years but not sure if I can play till 60.

I started playing video games since I received my first game boy early 2000's and my favourite game on the device was pokemon red version and Pokemon blue version. Since then it has been rather an impulsive activity which I wouldn't be able to stop or seize doing even in old age.

We will never know I guess because anything could happen in the future. I would like to think that I would never stop gaming until I physically can't because it's one of my favourite things to do when I'm free. 

I'm 40 and have been gaming for as long as I can remember, with only one break for reasons that I won't get into. But as for the future, I don't see myself stopping until/unless I become unable to hold a controller. If I can no longer pick up and hold a controller, that's when I will no longer be a gamer.

9 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm 36 and haven't quit yet. I'm not saying my situation can't change be cause it can, but I doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon. I've kind of settled into a life that fits gaming better than other hobbies might.

You're a young dude though, keep enjoying your time playing video games. Their is no doubt, video game is the best hobby to me when I need entertainment. Since I stay mostly indoors and working online with my computer, it means, having some fun playing my favourite video games. 

On 5/17/2022 at 6:58 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'm 40 and have been gaming for as long as I can remember, with only one break for reasons that I won't get into. But as for the future, I don't see myself stopping until/unless I become unable to hold a controller. If I can no longer pick up and hold a controller, that's when I will no longer be a gamer.

The option of using VR headset will always be there to make it possible for us to play without having to hold controllers. You should consider that as well, unless you are not a fan of VR headset. 

As of right now, I have no interest in a VR headset. That's why I left it at controller.

Once again, you state the obvious. We all know the option of VR is there. We all know it's not going anywhere. But what you're leaving out, is that to play VR YOU HAVE TO USE THE VR CONTROLLERS. You can't play VR without them. So if I can't lift a Nintendo or PS controller what fucking good is a VR headset? And if it is to that point, do you really think I would be able to get up and move around to play a VR game?

You continually refuse to put any kind of thought into your posts. I'm sick of it and I'm not the only one. We're a hairs breath away from deleting your posts because they're never of any substance. You continually state the obvious and leave it at that. I've held my tongue long enough. Change your posting habits or don't post until you learn how.

I will as long as my body can carry me, so I can't be able to put a date on it till I notice otherwise. Unless something that's going to be too challenging for me not to still have time for playing games, then I will give up. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

I will as long as my body can carry me, so I can't be able to put a date on it till I notice otherwise. Unless something that's going to be too challenging for me not to still have time for playing games, then I will give up. 

A friend of mine had to quit playing games completely when his wife died at childbearing, leaving twins for him to take care of. His life goals and priorities changed immediately. 

I know how painful it is losing a loved one, but that's not a tangible reason though to quit what gives him happiness. Even if he is taking care of the kids, it doesn't mean he can't have a free time of his own, some of those free time can be shared around video games, if truly he loves them that much.