Register Now
StaceyPowers

How long do you wait for a game to go on sale?

How many months/years do you wait around for a game you want to go on sale before you just decide it is not going to happen and you grab it at full price?  

I realize if you can buy it on a physical disc you might just grab it used eventually, but this isn’t applicable with digital.

It depends. I don't really buy new these days. Or on release I mean. I can wait a while to get it. Plus I think I get enough from what I already have and what I can get from gamepass. 

I'll sometimes buy games on sale, but even then it's rare as I can get a lot of the cheap games on gamepass. 

Years, maybe even a whole decade. If a game doesn't pique my interest, and I'm not in the mood for an Assassin's Creed game, most Steam sales drop wouldn't make me buy the game, even if it's just $20. Maybe if it's $2 though. I wouldn't mind spending $2.

Edited by Akun

8 hours ago, Akun said:

Years, maybe even a whole decade. If a game doesn't pique my interest, and I'm not in the mood for an Assassin's Creed game, most Steam sales drop wouldn't make me buy the game, even if it's just $20. Maybe if it's $2 though. I wouldn't mind spending $2.

This is exactly how it's supposed to be because it's not worth it buying in on something that's not going to give you the value of your money. It's why I would like to wait for as long as it's worth the wait for it. 

Unless it's a game I am really interested in and cannot wait to jump into I will wait as long as it takes for the game to go on sale. The number of times I have jumped on a game that has released and bought it at full price and ended up being disappointed by it is very high and it's something I learned the hard way not to do in the future. Sometimes you are really lucky, and some games can go on sale about a month after their release but other times you could be waiting months and months for a sale price on the game. It's all about how long you want to wait for the game and how eager you are to play the game. It's also taking that chance and paying full price to be completely disappointed.

Depends how much I want it. 

If it's something I really want (like a new Civilization game), then I'll get it at full price on day one (or even pre-order it). However, if it's something I don't mind waiting for, then I'll usually wait a year or so.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:39 PM, Kyng said:

Depends how much I want it. 

If it's something I really want (like a new Civilization game), then I'll get it at full price on day one (or even pre-order it). However, if it's something I don't mind waiting for, then I'll usually wait a year or so.

I haven't pre-ordered any game in the past but I am willing to wait until it is released and get it at the full price on the first day.