Register Now
DC

What video games have the most realistic horses?

Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 are some of the biggest that come to mind. I'd also add that some of the Assassin's Creed games has decent horse mechanics. I know Skyrim has a horse, but I didn't like how it controlled from what I remember. 

I'm sure there are a lot of other games with horses that have realistic motion. Oh, The Last of Us 1 and 2 I think both had horses at points. 

Yeah, RDR2 does this well and it needed to because when you're making what is basically GTA set in late 19nth century America you need to get that right. Horses are an undeniably smaller part of the upcoming games, but I felt The Witcher 3 and TLOU 1 and especially 2 also did this very well.

Edited by Shagger

RDR 2 in terms of physics of the mane and tail of the horse as well as the animation is the best I've seen of any game. It actually feels like they put effort into replicating the behavior of a horse rather than them being an afterthought in games like Skyrim for instance. Witcher 3 would be my second pick as I also think they've done an excellent job with horses as well.

RDR2 by far. Horses in most games are just a faster run for the protagonist. But in RDR2, the horses are 99% exactly the same way they are in real life. Arabians are hard headed and flat out stupid. Walkers and Saddlers are the most common horses ridden by people who ride. The design, mannerisms, appearance, and personality of the horses in the game is almost like watching a movie.

On 10/13/2022 at 8:19 PM, Kane99 said:

Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 are some of the biggest that come to mind. I'd also add that some of the Assassin's Creed games has decent horse mechanics. I know Skyrim has a horse, but I didn't like how it controlled from what I remember. 

I'm sure there are a lot of other games with horses that have realistic motion. Oh, The Last of Us 1 and 2 I think both had horses at points. 

Red dead redemption and assassin's Creed were tht first games to come to mind when I saw this thread.

The horse mechanics and looks in RDR2 is realistic and has a proper sync with the world around it making it look more like a movie animation.

Assassin Creed did a good work with their horse mechanics as well.

Red Dead Redemption is a game that instantly comes to mind when you mention horses and them being realistic in a game. I remember even though I wasn't a huge fan of Red Dead Redemption 1 I did play it a little to try it out and I was quite amazed at how realistic the mechanics were for the horses. Red Dead Redemption 2 I didn't play myself but I did watch people playing it and again, the mechanics for the horses were just amazing and I was blown away with how realistic they were in that game. 

On 11/9/2022 at 9:10 AM, RedRainStudio said:

Try it, its fun to play if you like those Total War games already. You can manage your troops in battlefield while controling your own character.

That sounds exciting , I might have come across it on steam or maybe not but that's not withstanding I would check it out.