Register Now
Zro

GTA 6 Release Date ???

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

With the constant stream of content for GTA online and income they get from it, I'm inclined to disagree. GTA 6 will most likely come out around the 2024-2025 period as Rockstar doesn't feel the need to rush it.

If they just started working on the game and with a release date of 2024-2025, that would mean they would have only worked on the game for 3-4 years. I don't think that will be the case. They will want GTA 6 to look and feel as good as RDR2 and that took them around 8 years.

2 hours ago, Darth said:

If they just started working on the game and with a release date of 2024-2025, that would mean they would have only worked on the game for 3-4 years. I don't think that will be the case. They will want GTA 6 to look and feel as good as RDR2 and that took them around 8 years.

8 years might be too long to wait for the game but who knows, some fans can really wait that long if they do love the game the way they love GTA series. 

6 hours ago, Darth said:

You could be right as GTA 6 would take some work as it's going to be way bigger than GTA 5 so it'll take a lot of work. I'd rather they not rush it as I don't want to get a repeat of the GTA Trilogy.

16 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You could be right as GTA 6 would take some work as it's going to be way bigger than GTA 5 so it'll take a lot of work. I'd rather they not rush it as I don't want to get a repeat of the GTA Trilogy.

If they eventually repeat what Take Two did with making of GTA trilogy for them, it's going to mark the end of the GTA series. 

9 minutes ago, Heatman said:

If they eventually repeat what Take Two did with making of GTA trilogy for them, it's going to mark the end of the GTA series. 

It'll definitely turn away a lot of people from the series so they know this game has to be pretty flawless. I mean, just look what happened to CDPR after Cyberpunk 2077 - it has permanently ruined their reputation and that's the only bad game they've ever released.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

It'll definitely turn away a lot of people from the series so they know this game has to be pretty flawless. I mean, just look what happened to CDPR after Cyberpunk 2077 - it has permanently ruined their reputation and that's the only bad game they've ever released.

Exactly, it's what Rockstar wouldn't let happen to their GTA franchise. I'm definitely going to be completely disappointed. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's what Rockstar wouldn't let happen to their GTA franchise. I'm definitely going to be completely disappointed. 

Most of us would be extremely disappointed because GTA has been apart of our lives for a good 30 something years now.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Most of us would be extremely disappointed because GTA has been apart of our lives for a good 30 something years now.

Exactly, all that years invested in the game only for them to bin it in a horrible way shouldn't be allowed at all. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

8 years might be too long to wait for the game but who knows, some fans can really wait that long if they do love the game the way they love GTA series. 

8 years would be based on them having already worked on the game for a while now. It doesn't mean 8 years from now. Rockstar wouldn't be stupid to keep a new GTA game away from us for that long.

1 minute ago, Darth said:

8 years would be based on them having already worked on the game for a while now. It doesn't mean 8 years from now. Rockstar wouldn't be stupid to keep a new GTA game away from us for that long.

Exactly, if they keep it away from us for too long, there is a possibility that some gamers would fall off the like to play it. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Rockstar knows that they have everything riding on the GTA 6 and as such they wouldn't want any slip ups on its development. 

They almost did by contracting Take Two to handle GTA trilogy but it's a mistake they would never do again in their lives. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

They almost did by contracting Take Two to handle GTA trilogy but it's a mistake they would never do again in their lives. 

Seriously, if anyone told Rockstar that Take Two was going to make a mess with the GTA trilogy, they wouldn't have believed it. 

Not sure if I'm reading some of the posts wrong but Take Two is the parent company that owns Rockstar Games. Grove Street Games (or whatever they're called) is the third-party developer that was in charge of remastering the GTA Trilogy and they are the company that messed it up unfortunately 😞