Register Now
Zro

GTA 6 Release Date ???

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I'm going to estimate 2025 still, but i could see 2026 if not. It won't be soon, but I could see it being one of those years. 

The thing we don't know, however is how long they have been working on it already. The website says "...we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway." The term "well underway" is such a broad and vague term, that it could mean that they have spent the last 6 years working on it in secret. How they would prevent leaks is beyond me, but we'll ignore that for the moment. Or it could mean that the team is throwing ideas back and forth prior to actually designing and programming. Or they could be in the final stages of testing and bug hunting. We simply don't know what their definition of "well underway" is.

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

If they half cook GTA 6 after what just happened with GTA trilogy, they would have obviously shoot themselves in the head and no longer in the legs. 

It would be a huge disappointment but it's important to remember that the trilogy was awful because it wasn't actually Rockstar that developed it. They made a mistake by giving it to some third-party developer who didn't do a good enough job with the remaster.

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

If they half cook GTA 6 after what just happened with GTA trilogy, they would have obviously shoot themselves in the head and no longer in the legs. 

That's very correct, such will make users to get rid off their below level video game release. They simply need to balance the equation by making GTA 6 to be top notch. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, from the looks of things, I believe that they wouldn't be too stupid to do that because it's going to be the death of the series. Only EA can do that 😂

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Everyone is simply looking at GTA 6 to cover up the lapses of Rockstar via their failed GTA trilogy version. 

But for obvious reason, Take-Two Interactive Software should have done a better job with the game seriously. 

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The thing we don't know, however is how long they have been working on it already. The website says "...we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway." The term "well underway" is such a broad and vague term, that it could mean that they have spent the last 6 years working on it in secret. How they would prevent leaks is beyond me, but we'll ignore that for the moment. Or it could mean that the team is throwing ideas back and forth prior to actually designing and programming. Or they could be in the final stages of testing and bug hunting. We simply don't know what their definition of "well underway" is.

Yeah I imagine they were working on it for a while already. Maybe this is closer to completion and they're just focusing on finishing things up. That'd be cool.

I don't see it taking longer then 5 years to come out. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

But for obvious reason, Take-Two Interactive Software should have done a better job with the game seriously. 

I really don't know what Take-Two did around GTA trilogy development. With that, it shows underperformance. I had high hopes on the game, only for disappointment to take control, very sad. 

19 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I really don't know what Take-Two did around GTA trilogy development. With that, it shows underperformance. I had high hopes on the game, only for disappointment to take control, very sad. 

Seriously, it's the same thing with everyone, because they have been in bed with Rockstar for long, so they are supposed to do a good job and Rockstar knows that which was why they gave them the job. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I imagine they were working on it for a while already. Maybe this is closer to completion and they're just focusing on finishing things up. That'd be cool.

I don't see it taking longer then 5 years to come out. 

Yeah, I do look forward to having the game come out within the same time frame of 5 years at most. If it takes longer than that, it might lose its value. 

Based on their timeline for GTA 5, it does seem like we will get an official announcement of the game (not an announcement about them working on it) later this year. The game will then have a release date for 2023 and then get delayed until 2024. That would be quite a good timeline that would make the wait not too long away.

7 minutes ago, Darth said:

Based on their timeline for GTA 5, it does seem like we will get an official announcement of the game (not an announcement about them working on it) later this year. The game will then have a release date for 2023 and then get delayed until 2024. That would be quite a good timeline that would make the wait not too long away.

That's going to be like 2 years before it's developed, completed and released. I'm not sure that's going to be feasible. It should take at least 3 according to your analysis.