Register Now
Kane99

Microsoft really needs to start pushing exclusives

The big problem with Xbox consoles, is that they don't usually get a lot of exclusives compared to Sony's side of things. But, I hope things start to change soon, as I would love to see more exclusives come out for the Xbox so it can compete some more with Sony and other consoles out there. Once they start getting more of the exclusives in, I think the Xbox Series X and S will start to sell even more. 

I do wonder how well the Series S is fairing in sales. I can see it being the top earner right now, especially at just $300 was it?

Everyone has been wishing for the same thing and at one point, they did have a lot of exclusives in the original Xbox era but they absolutely dropped the ball after that. They either stopped working with certain studios or just didn't care about certain games because it didn't rake in a lot of bucks. Till this day, the only exclusive anyone remotely remembers from Xbox is Halo. Hardly anyone ever mentions games like Fable (except gamers like me who love Fable) among others. I just thing Microsoft is also pretty bad at promoting games on their platform or even promoting the platform in general.

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Why are you guys promoting exclusives? That's backwards thinking. If anything, we all should be agreeing on the elimination of exclusives. 

Exclusives are important, at least on consoles, because we need consoles to exist. My reasons for that are explained on this other thread, so I would ask you to check that out. To expand on it, I'd call console exclusives a necessary evil. I get that they are annoying, but to who? People who have to go through the inconvenience and expense to own more then one platform? Well, yes. That IS the cost of not owning more than one platform. 

To make it clear right off the bat, even as a PC gamer myself, PC gamers have no right to call consoles "too expensive", so for them that excuse is invalidated right away. If they can afford to spend the hundreds if not thousands of dollars over the course of a console cycle to build and/or upgrade a PC, then $300-$400 is a mere pittance to play games on console. I'm sorry, but I never buy the excuse the "consoles cost too much" coming from them.

I do feel sympathy for people when they can genuinely only afford one console. Then, that argument starts to have some weight. Unfortunatly, that's the way of the world. Exclusives define a platform, at least for anyone utilising some common sense. You buy a PlayStation to play The Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon FW etc. You buy a Nintendo Switch to play Zelda BOTW, Mario, ect. You buy an Xbox to play... well, I don't think there will be another game excusive to an Xbox console ever again, but I digress.

The point is consoles are not only good for PC players, but essential (as explained in that aforementioned thread), so if exclusives serve as a way to keep consoles alive, I'll go for it, despite the obvious annoyance they pose. Combine that with the low starting price, the freedom of games on physical media and the hassle free nature of a plug-in-play devices and consoles are something the gaming world wants. Even PC players need what consoles provide, not that many of them are prepared to admit it.

Edited by Shagger

With Zenimax now a Microsoft company, they are going to have more exclusives. There's around three confirmed big exclusives coming next year (S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Redfall, Starfield), and I think there could be one more big exclusive coming next year (either Fable 4 or Perfect Dark). Xbox has enough studios now where they can have exclusives, it just takes time.

That's the gaming media in general. Microsoft and Xbox are always seen as the imposters of the gaming industry and can't do anything to make their products desirable while Nintendo and Sony get preferential treatment and leniency. It's because the gaming media see the growth of Nintendo and Sony as organic while Microsoft are the big bad corpo with the American dollars trying to take over. I bet certain media personalities are crying into their pillows right now, the irony lol. This wouldn't have happened if the Xbox brand was given a fair shake.

Your points are valid and making more exclusives would certainly catapult Xbox sales a notch Higher. Though I still think the Xbox gaming consoles are still doing quite well in the market with numerous games that were a huge success in the series like Halo 2. Microsoft is just intending to make all their consoles and games Available and affordable to everyone so we could all have a taste of good gaming experience.

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

Your points are valid and making more exclusives would certainly catapult Xbox sales a notch Higher. Though I still think the Xbox gaming consoles are still doing quite well in the market with numerous games that were a huge success in the series like Halo 2. Microsoft is just intending to make all their consoles and games Available and affordable to everyone so we could all have a taste of good gaming experience.

I don't see anything making new generation Xbox platforms to be affordable for everyone. Not every gamer can afford the price of those newer editions if video game consoles made by Xbox. But quality with Xbox consoles or electronic devices is assured. 

On 5/19/2022 at 1:53 AM, Justin11 said:

I don't see anything making new generation Xbox platforms to be affordable for everyone. Not every gamer can afford the price of those newer editions if video game consoles made by Xbox. But quality with Xbox consoles or electronic devices is assured. 

It's actually true that games are becoming really expensive nowadays with newer versions ranking at around $1000 to $2000 and it's quite mind-blowing. Gaming is a flourishing industry's but I still like the fact that Xbox still manages to make some of their consoles available to all not doing too many exclusives or limited versions.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's actually true that games are becoming really expensive nowadays with newer versions ranking at around $1000 to $2000 and it's quite mind-blowing. Gaming is a flourishing industry's but I still like the fact that Xbox still manages to make some of their consoles available to all not doing too many exclusives or limited versions.

Well Microsoft has acquired quite a few companies since this thread started so they'll be pushing a lot more exclusives in the future. I feel like the Elder Scrolls and a few others will become Xbox exclusives.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't know about any video game console that cost in the region of $2,000. I know the consoles and their games are just expensive nowadays, inflation caused it too, and how hungry the owners needs money.