Register Now
Kane99

Elden Ring

So Elden Ring could be something huge, as Hidetaka Miyazak (Dark Souls series) and George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire books) are working on it together. I didn't see a topic for this game, so I figured it was perfect timing to make one. Anyway, I'm pretty psyched to check this game out whenever it releases. With GRR helping, this could be a very dark game. And we all know how crazy difficult Miyazak makes his games, so I can see it being another Dark Souls like game, but with a Game of Thrones vibe hopefully. 😄 

This trailer is from E3 2019, so it's a bit dated, but I imagine it's going to be crazy either way. Oh, and I have no clue when this game is expected to release, but I sure hope it's soon. 

On 2/19/2021 at 5:39 PM, m76 said:

I'm not yet hyped up about this game. I'm looking from the sidelines. Interested what this turns out to be.

Same - I am a fan of Dark Souls though so I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one. However, they did say that will be the most expansive world they've ever built and will include horseback riding and stuff like that to traverse it so I'm definitely looking out for this.

New trailer dropped at the game awards tonight, and it's looking a lot like Dark Souls. That's to be expected when it's from the maker. Do you guys think it's a buy for you? I'm betting it's going to be crazy tough, so I don't know if I will be checking it out, but I know the Souls fans will be all over this. 

I like Dark Souls well enough, but I'll believe it when I see it. I can easily see this becoming another overhyped, underdeveloped mess, even if the gameplay so far looks fairly decent. Given it's open world, there's a lot more that can go wrong - thematically and technically - by default. I wish it the best, as I would any game, but I'm in no rush to see it out now.

19 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Has anybody played Elden ring yet ? I have one big question, Can it be paused ??? I mean if there is one thing that I hate about souls games is that they cannot be paused, so Im thinking about getting the game but I want to know if it can be paused

Nope, they once again thought that pausing was too kind.

Edited by Techno

4 minutes ago, Techno said:

Nope, they once again thought that pausing was too kind.

Whyy!!! I dont get that, why the fuck cant we not pause the game, those online features should be optional, specially on a game as big as elden ring. What if I have to take a leak or answer a phone call during a boss fight ?? I have been in that situation many times when playing souls games, I once had to evade roll for 20 minutes when playing against a boss in mortal shell because I was on a call

13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Whyy!!! I dont get that, why the fuck cant we not pause the game, those online features should be optional, specially on a game as big as elden ring. What if I have to take a leak or answer a phone call during a boss fight ?? I have been in that situation many times when playing souls games, I once had to evade roll for 20 minutes when playing against a boss in mortal shell because I was on a call

Because FromSoftware are heartless little monsters, who care so little about people's need to pee, and people's need to pause so they can answer the phone. If they were a warfare company they'd put chemicals in the missiles. 

Edited by Techno

21 minutes ago, Techno said:

Because FromSoftware are heartless little monsters, who care so little about people's need to pee, and people's need to pause so they can answer the phone. If they were a warfare company they'd put chemicals in the missiles. 

Bastards, I will still buy the game eventually but its really disappointing but expected I guess.

58 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I see Elden Ring being a thrilling one when it eventually comes out. This game have really stormed the video game industry with it's lots of promises, I just hope it fulfills everything good laid around it. 

It came out today actually