Register Now
StaceyPowers

Pre-order benefits that were worth it?

I have two. One that I actually pre-ordered, and another that was a pre-order that I bought off eBay years later. The one I got was For Honor. I got the gold edition. It had special items, armor, weapons, characters, and so on that were only available with the gold edition.

The other that I bought later on eBay was RDR2 Ultimate Edition. It also gives you certain items free and unlocks other side quests and stranger missions. The ultimate edition goes a step past the special edition. The special edition does all this for the story mode, but the ultimate also does it for the online mode. Everyone knows I don't do online gaming. The only reason I got the ultimate was because it was the only one that was available that the code hadn't been used on.

But even though the RDR2 copy was almost $200, I still say it was worth it.

Edited by The Blackangel

I pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront in 2016 and...it was the single biggest waste of money I've ever seen - the game was dull and boring. On top of that, it was riddled with microtransactions, so much so that governments across the world are still investigating EA to this day about it. Definitely wasn't worth it.

I pre-order games because it's usually cheaper if I buy early. Apart from that the only benefit is getting the game asap. No pre-order in-game bonus item was ever worth a damn. More often than not these dlc items are often ridiculous looking, that are just powerful enough to mess up the learning curve of the game, but too weak to use them after the first 2 hours.

Honestly every time I've pre-ordered a game and received something (whether it's a code for some downloadable content or otherwise) - it's never made me sit back and think "Yes, that was worth it". I don't really care for the micro-transaction culture anyway and all the fashionista things of buying skins/outfits/etc. so I just generally don't care lol. Like M76 says above me, the only real benefit I suppose is ensuring you actually have the game in your hands on/near release date, the only good thing I can think off anyway!

7 hours ago, Martin Berisford said:

Honestly every time I've pre-ordered a game and received something (whether it's a code for some downloadable content or otherwise) - it's never made me sit back and think "Yes, that was worth it". I don't really care for the micro-transaction culture anyway and all the fashionista things of buying skins/outfits/etc. so I just generally don't care lol. Like M76 says above me, the only real benefit I suppose is ensuring you actually have the game in your hands on/near release date, the only good thing I can think off anyway!

Not if that game is Anthem/Fallout 76/ Star Wars Battlefront - I made the mistake of pre-ordering the latter and it was the worse decision in my entire gaming history. Because of that, I've never pre-ordered another game because I don't want to ever go through that again.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:01 AM, killamch89 said:

I pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront in 2016 and...it was the single biggest waste of money I've ever seen - the game was dull and boring. On top of that, it was riddled with microtransactions, so much so that governments across the world are still investigating EA to this day about it. Definitely wasn't worth it.

Seriously, I don't really know any good benefits that comes with games pre-order because it's not really worth it for me.Β 

58 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I don't really know any good benefits that comes with games pre-order because it's not really worth it for me.Β 

Same here - I was going to pre order Cyberpunk 2077 but decided against it and I was proven right in the end.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Same here - I was going to pre order Cyberpunk 2077 but decided against it and I was proven right in the end.

That's why I never pre-order. I too get excited sometimes, but still I try to restrict my excitement. 😊

It's better for the game to be released fully, and wait for some discounts in the later part. In the mean time, you can also go through the reviews of those who had pre ordered and played the game. That will further help to decide whether you should go with the game or not. 😊

4 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I don't think I've ever gotten a pre-order that was worth it. Though I know the PS4 version of FF 7 remake got a cool game console theme I would have love to have gotten.Β 

Yeah, you're absolutely right about the remake of Final Fantasy 7 being a great one. I really enjoy it.Β 

Mostly so you get the console and don’t have to wait a week like my buddy did this gen. Xbox One has a Day One edition that had β€œday one 2013” on the controller and an achievement worth 0 GS you could redeem, they might do something similar this launch or maybe something Halo themed.

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

That's why I never pre-order. I too get excited sometimes, but still I try to restrict my excitement. 😊

It's better for the game to be released fully, and wait for some discounts in the later part. In the mean time, you can also go through the reviews of those who had pre ordered and played the game. That will further help to decide whether you should go with the game or not. 😊

Exactly, those reviews are golden if that's the best words to use for expressing how useful they are in influencing ones decisions.Β 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, those reviews are golden if that's the best words to use for expressing how useful they are in influencing ones decisions.Β 

Specially when a large chunk of money is on stake. 😁

There are many games which costs more than 30 bucks, and even the trailer looks amazing. But the real gameplay is pathetic as hell. I always wait for others reviews then jumping to buy directly.