Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games where you can see both sides

The Fallout games. Every faction has pros and cons.

To state the obvious The Last of Us 2, since it's built on the premise, although it is a bit hamfisted at times. I can see why it doesn't work for everyone. Because they forgot to add shades of grey. First they set up someone to be a complete ahole, then try to make excuses. Instead they should've written better justifications, that are revealed later in the game. But I digress.

Tie Fighter is all about playing the opposing side. And it does a great job at humanizing the empire. Instead of presenting them as evil for the sake of evil, they are presented as genuinely wanting to restore order and keep peace.

I think a lot of strategy games which you play with multiple players tend to be like that. you get to see the both sides of the game. age of__  games or the games which have two maps which you can see. I think having common access to resources type. 

Edited by skyfire

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think a lot of strategy games which you play with multiple players tend to be like that. you get to see the both sides of the game. age of__  games or the games which have two maps which you can see. I think having common access to resources type. 

Age Of The Empires was a great example of this and also one of the pioneers of this kind of gameplay.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, The Blackangel said:

Empathy? And for an enemy? Are you serious?

Some games are open regarding factions. I.e. in Skyrim, you could be a Stormcloak, an Imperial, or neither, so nobody is your enemy by default--but there is a conflict with different sides.

GTA 4 and its DLC's, there is literally a mission where the 3 main characters (the game's and DLC's) take place, you always see the storyline from a different point of view, but it's all related to each others

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Age Of The Empires was a great example of this and also one of the pioneers of this kind of gameplay.

Yeah and some of the other MMO also followed the suit and they also introduced the option of hiding the area which is not tapped by the mouse. so that was kind of popular too. 

On 4/23/2021 at 1:59 AM, The Blackangel said:

Empathy? And for an enemy? Are you serious?

That really happens frequently with me when I play MMO games, and the opponent starts making funny poses, then I too stop firing at them.

Then we try to communicate with each other in sign languages. lol. At first it was exciting to do that, but now I feel it's waste of time. Better shot them in their heads. 😆

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

That really happens frequently with me when I play MMO games, and the opponent starts making funny poses, then I too stop firing at them.

Then we try to communicate with each other in sign languages. lol. At first it was exciting to do that, but now I feel it's waste of time. Better shot them in their heads. 😆

Haha, it might be a trick tactics to get you distracted a little bit and boom, the opponent clips you. So, better take them out first. 

Outer world's is about a solar system controlled by several corporations. You can essentially work for or against them. I'm not that far in but I am loving it. Kind of like fallout /border lands but across a solar system.

On 4/24/2021 at 12:28 AM, Patrik said:

GTA 4 and its DLC's, there is literally a mission where the 3 main characters (the game's and DLC's) take place, you always see the storyline from a different point of view, but it's all related to each others

If the DLC goes completely off point from the main story, it's definitely going to be of a huge negative effect to the game, I think. 

8 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

There's a big difference between an opponent and an enemy.