Register Now
StaceyPowers

In what ways do you wish life were more like video games?

In what ways would you prefer real life were more like video games?

My thoughts:

-When you learn the rules in a game, you can consistently be rewarded for performing tasks. Not so IRL.

-I’m physically fully functional in games, and don’t get catastrophically sick or injured. That’d be nice.

-Work and cash are so easy to come by in games.

In a word, everything.

In life you need to sleep, eat, drink, piss, shit, run the daily risk if getting sick or injured, worry about money, face society and law in manners that actually have consequences, wait in real time, there's no fast travel, no extra lives, no superpowers, no saves, no reset, no time travel, no mods, no console commands, no cheats and even if play by all the rules and play it with 100% effort it ultimately results in death no matter what.

Video games are great, and life sucks.

I think it would be really cool if it were like an MMO with perma-death. Throughout life you gain experience, so to speak, by achieving things, helping others, etc.

When you die, you are allowed to make a new character. Depending on what "level" you are (which is dependent on how much experience you have, and how many cycles you have gone through) you can choose different attributes for your next character. Intellect, looks, personability, starting region, family stability, etc. High levels mean you get more points to put into different attributes.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

A restart option in case you mess up so that you can achieve the desirable outcome you want in any given situation. Also, the ability to instantly heal by drinking potions or snapping a finger back into place like Far Cry.

Yeah restart and save option in case if we fail moving forward. 

On 6/5/2021 at 6:32 AM, Steerminator said:

Like how you could just kill something and a chest full of gold would magically pop up in its place.  Or like, being able to keep and have access to a million different things at all times by just putting them in your "inventory."

Sounds like GTA for assasains creed. That is kind of sounds like mixture of stuff. 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:02 PM, Steerminator said:

People have been making jokes about this forever.

Like how you could just kill something and a chest full of gold would magically pop up in its place.  Or like, being able to keep and have access to a million different things at all times by just putting them in your "inventory."

I wouldn't mind an infinite storage inventory at all - it's such a pain having to pack so many things into different bags/storage containers to carry them.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't mind an infinite storage inventory at all - it's such a pain having to pack so many things into different bags/storage containers to carry them.

Hermione's backpack from Harry Potter. If It opened wide enough she could fit the entire school inside it.