Register Now
Heatman

What's the last game which you completed?

I was thinking recently I've not completed a game in a long time. It was Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War, which is kind of obligatory when buying a new CoD. Do the campaign so you've the faintest idea of what's happening in its on-going story in the new-fangled battle pass. Now I'm not overly bothered about which game I complete, I'm more there for the journey these days.

I never thought I would be saying this so soon after the rather compelling list I've got, but... Spyro 2: Season of Flame, for the Game Boy Advance. A sequel to Season of Ice, Spyro has to use a number of elemental breaths to solve recycled puzzles and slay the one (of two) enemies in each level that is vulnerable to it. That's particularly handy given the charge is lethal in this game, more so for the player than enemies, due to the isometric view and slippery controls. All levels are surrounded by water that drowns Spyro without any saving grace whatsoever (no being booted back to the shore with a level of Sparx reduced unlike the previous game), and the most help you get is a rudimentary map that gives the wireframe outlines of 1993's Doom a run for their money.

Still, it was fun. Next up: Crash Bandicoot: The Big Adventure / XS. A good game that doesn't use its premesis of Dr. Neo Cortex shrinking the Earth down to the size of a Wumpa to any effect whatsoever.

15 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I think it may have been GT6 for me.  This was a few years ago.  I really don't play for completion anymore, just for a fun time.

The feeling of getting to complete Need for Speed Heat and Most Wanted was very satisfying when it did it. 

2 hours ago, Family sedan said:

There's definitely a satisfaction to be gained from completing a game, but I'm just not hellbent on it anymore.

Seriously - with the time and energy that's invested in playing a particular game for months would definitely come with a sense of accomplishment once it's done and dusted. 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:38 AM, killamch89 said:

RE Village about a month or two ago. To be honest, I've been playing games but not get around to finishing them in the last year. I think I need to address this issue.

I think it's something to do with your life schedule in other things that you need to take care of. If you have more time on your hands, you will definitely going to be finishing them.