Register Now
Heatman

Do you process games in your subconscious before executing your strategy?

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I actually used to be a lot like that when it comes to being impatient with the games that I play. I later realized it's not the best way to enjoy my games. 

It's an erratic way of gaming that would take away the real fun in the game by making you to be relaxed while playing which would cost you missing out on a lot. 

Back when I used to play I used to go over consciously, then at some point it became subconsciously, the list from Andrew Soltis's "The Inner Game of Chess", which recommended what to calculate on your move and on your opponent's. Then, I added one thing to the list I picked up from some other book.

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

When you don't pay attention towards learning and mastering different actions in a video game, such gamer will always fall prey and repeating a particular level far too long. 

Seriously, it's why when it comes to games that I'm playing out for the first time, I even try to watch some gameplay of it. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's why when it comes to games that I'm playing out for the first time, I even try to watch some gameplay of it. 

It's very necessary to seek learning as a first timer, than rushing in with the game and falling short of advancing further. 

Wait, even if I was processing games in my subconscious I wouldn't be aware of it, would I?

But the question you ask in the op is actually a different one. So to answer that, no I rarely think about games outside of playing them.

On 12/4/2021 at 2:35 PM, killamch89 said:

I do try to plan most of the time but sometimes, planning isn't enough to get it over the line so you have to improvise.

What you said is true, because their are times when you have no much time to think, you simply have to execute your plans in a video game like that, without thinking much. Then, expect anything to happen in the game, such is the game. 

On 12/4/2021 at 2:35 PM, killamch89 said:

I do try to plan most of the time but sometimes, planning isn't enough to get it over the line so you have to improvise.

Seriously, I have improvised on multiple occasions when playing Ghost of Tsushima and it's the only way to get by. I believe it's part of the plan too. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Before I go into gaming via a particular game, I've already plotted my graph how it goes before handling the controller. Unless I forget to exact a particular trick to match past a particular game, then I can simply pause to find solutions for it. 

That's exact right perfect way to play because it gives you all the tips that you need to progress on the game easily. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's exact right perfect way to play because it gives you all the tips that you need to progress on the game easily. 

Yes, because I'll simply hang on to learn first before progressing and not delving in without thinking or practicing outside real action of the game. 

No? I mean, unless you count me thinking about playing games as my subconscious telling me to? I mean, I have thought about certain games before playing them, and if you mean to plan out your attack in a game, sure I guess. I will often take it slow in a stealth game for example. I rarely rush, because I like to strategize and find the best route. Anyway, I'm sure I do some planning in my head. Unless I completely confused the question. I do that sometimes. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Planning ahead of time to a particular level in a video game gives a gamer edge progressing beyond what's expected. 

That's certainly not a bad way to go about the games because when you plan ahead before playing, you gear up more weapons to succeed better. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

No? I mean, unless you count me thinking about playing games as my subconscious telling me to? I mean, I have thought about certain games before playing them, and if you mean to plan out your attack in a game, sure I guess. I will often take it slow in a stealth game for example. I rarely rush, because I like to strategize and find the best route. Anyway, I'm sure I do some planning in my head. Unless I completely confused the question. I do that sometimes. 

I do that all the time and it's very important for me because it helps with most of the game's that I get into on my progress in the game by making a smooth transition.