Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you care that your PS console beeps when it starts?

On the Playstation 4, very much so. The Xbox One, for all its faults, did at least get that right with a nice warm sound. It's such a shrill whine that made me regret booting up the system when - just one room away - my folks would try to sleep. If you do something it doesn't like, it does it three times. It's one of the many reasons I'm glad to be shut of the thing for the time being, to be perfectly honest with you.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:45 PM, Oblivion Knight said:

Not really, the PS3 had a similar "beep" system (as does the PS5).. I've just gotten used to it.

You'd think by now that Sony might have considered adding some kind of option to disable the beeps though.

Seriously, it's happened so much that I don't even notice it any more. It's more like getting used to something it doesn't bother you any more. 

On 12/9/2021 at 3:56 PM, Justin11 said:

I love it that it beeps, if it stops beeping during start up, it will make me know something is wrong with my console. The beep makes me know my console is in perfect working condition. 

As long as it only beeps once I'm fine with it. Kingpotato it sounds like you have  the HDMI link option checked in your ps4 settings. If you uncheck it the tv and ps4 will not turn on at the same time.I sometimes check the box so I can have both tv and ps4 turn on and switch to the ps4 port on the tv automatically.

It's just there to let you know that the process you have gone through to turn the system on, wether it be the touch sensor on the console or the PS button on the controller has worked and that's a good thing.  Especially when your console is further away or on a shelf where it's obscured from view.

I do sort of agree with @Withywarlock that the XBox has warmer less piercing sound but I'd never really thought about it that much.

I've never had a problem with it, to be honest. I can understand why some people have a problem with it since if you're in a room where someone is sleeping, it would annoy them. They really should give you the option of turning it off really.

9 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

As long as it only beeps once I'm fine with it. Kingpotato it sounds like you have  the HDMI link option checked in your ps4 settings. If you uncheck it the tv and ps4 will not turn on at the same time.I sometimes check the box so I can have both tv and ps4 turn on and switch to the ps4 port on the tv automatically.

That's it, provided the two option of your TV HDMI and PS4 works in accordance and beeping once, it isn't something to worry about, they simply have intra connection between them. 

idk, my Xbox One beeps at startup and I actually kinda like it. I imagine I'd like the beep the PS4 makes at startup. I've heard it before and honestly it's kinda soothing if that makes sense. A lot of the time, startup sounds relax me. It was the same way with the Windows themes when you turn the PC on back in the day. 

21 hours ago, Darth said:

I've never had a problem with it, to be honest. I can understand why some people have a problem with it since if you're in a room where someone is sleeping, it would annoy them. They really should give you the option of turning it off really.

I don't really think that the sound is that too loud to be that irritating for most people when it gets repeated over time.