Register Now
StaceyPowers

What historic settings do you want to see recreated in video games?

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, even till today, it's still that very much powerful and it's why Religion is called the opium of the masses. 

Is truly what you   labelled   it,   it has won the hearts   of many,   even the   political heads are controlled by   religion, that's   why religion   rules our world. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi is a real life event that will be very nice to see developed into a video game for me. 

This movie was full of hell for those special forces. They saw real hell with their eyes. That such a thing happened in real life is still shocking. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

This movie was full of hell for those special forces. They saw real hell with their eyes. That such a thing happened in real life is still shocking. 

I'm even very sure that a lot more than what we saw in the movie happened in Benghazi at the time. It was horrible. 

14 hours ago, egghead said:

In fact religious bigotry is more common. That's because internet has helped them spread misinformation.

You really pay attention to such? I don't even have time for myself talk more of paying attention to fake religious information. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You really pay attention to such? I don't even have time for myself talk more of paying attention to fake religious information. 

It's not a fake religious information. Why do you think so or say that it's a fake religious information? 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's not a fake religious information. Why do you think so or say that it's a fake religious information? 

Check what @egghead first said bro? You'll notice that most information shared by some religious people are fake online. Not all you should trust, their are information that are appropriate and some aren't. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Check what @egghead first said bro? You'll notice that most information shared by some religious people are fake online. Not all you should trust, their are information that are appropriate and some aren't. 

This ain't friggin Twitter bro, just take a look at title of this topic and then point out the last post that had anything to do with it.  I don't think there has been anything remotely relevent since page 9.

I'm tired of topics that keep getting bumped by the same people that for some unknown reason feel they need to respond every fucking time a post is made.  These topics need to be locked.

This is the latest post a General Gaming topic:

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil..

5 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Sounds good. 

I have the latest Uncharted game. So I could try that. I really like Naughty Dog, for they have a commitment to delivering quality. This company is way better than Capcom is today. 

This does not have a squirt of piss to do with the original topic and the OP keeps bumping it.  Don't believe me, as of this post the last SEVEN bits of the OP's activity are related to it and none of them have any bare resemblance to the original topic.  @Candy Stick just tosses the word "Capcom" in once in a while to make it seem like it ties back to the original topic but it doesn't.

General Gaming Is a cesspool of "post for points" crap.  I'm sick of this and I know I'm not alone.  There needs to be some restriction to posts per day or at least per topic or subforum.

In the interest of back on topic, I would have to stay the 100 years war.  To be alongside Joan of arc as she snuck into the city to meet the people, then snuck back out and lead the charge on the Boulevart-Tourelles fort on the outside of the city.  That would be pretty awesome in game.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

This ain't friggin Twitter bro, just take a look at title of this topic and then point out the last post that had anything to do with it.  I don't think there has been anything remotely relevent since page 9.

I'm tired of topics that keep getting bumped by the same people that for some unknown reason feel they need to respond every fucking time a post is made.  These topics need to be locked.

This is the latest post a General Gaming topic:

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil..

This does not have a squirt of piss to do with the original topic and the OP keeps bumping it.  Don't believe me, as of this post the last SEVEN bits of the OP's activity are related to it and none of them have any bare resemblance to the original topic.  @Candy Stick just tosses the word "Capcom" in once in a while to make it seem like it ties back to the original topic but it doesn't.

General Gaming Is a cesspool of "post for points" crap.  I'm sick of this and I know I'm not alone.  There needs to be some restriction to posts per day or at least per topic or subforum.

@Crazycrab is right. There is a group individuals using these threads in such a manner that defies the purpose of a forum. It's more like a text chain, reddit or social media, but the VGR forum is none of those things. It is a forum. I'm going to work over the next few days to try and find a way to solve this, but I would strongly advice that the people who using the boards like it's a PM chat to stop and start using the forum the way it's supposed to be.

However, @Crazycrab, @Candy Stick is NOT one of them. On the contrary, he's on of the few individuals still using that long running thread he started correctly. If what you said was true, all the recent post, or at least the majority of them, would be him, but that isn't really the case. Yes, he posts very monogamously on that thread, but that's simply because the thread is about Resident Evil, a subject that he has always posted very monogamously about, along side a smattering of other survival horror games. His actual post count is fairly tame and a lot of his posts are lengthy personal and with a lot of outside articles ad media cited. He is NOT the problem and it's unfair for you to call him out like this. 

The problem is the other people who post literally anything just post post something throughout the whole of general gaming. Again, I won't name names, but I'm fairly sure we all though (including these individuals themselves) who they are. Some of these people I have even PM'd directly and I've seen little to any improvement. The question is how to fix this so the rest of the forum will actually want to contribute will fell it's worthwhile doing so. Maybe there should be a "shitposting" sub-forum, or maybe it's time to bring back the idea of opening up an official VGR Discord server for people to chat on. I will discuss this with @DC and @The Blackangel, but we are open to ideas. I'll open a thread in the Questions and Suggestions sub-forum, but in the mean time, this subject is NOT to be discussed outside of that.

EDIT: That thread is now up. CLICK HERE

Edited by Shagger

18 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

In the interest of back on topic, I would have to stay the 100 years war.  To be alongside Joan of arc as she snuck into the city to meet the people, then snuck back out and lead the charge on the Boulevart-Tourelles fort on the outside of the city.  That would be pretty awesome in game.

The Fall of the Berlin Wall 1989 and Operation Barbarossa would definitely be something interesting to have set up in games for next generation consoles like PS5 if it's not done already. What do you think? 

Edited by Heatman

On 3/29/2022 at 1:37 AM, Crazycrab said:

I can understand your sentiments, however, whenever someone quotes me I would like to reply because after all this is a community that builds on interactions.