Register Now
TheSteelyardDweller

dumbest ways you've died

This is the most embarrassing I've ever done as a gamer.  It's going to take a bit of explaining so bear with me.

This incident concerns Final Fantasy X.  For the sake of anyone who has never played this game before I need to explain for context.  Each character has a unique ability called an overdrive.  For most character's it's a powerful attack but in the case of Rikku it allows the player to combine items for various effects.

On one particular playthrough I wanted to charge Rikku's overdrive for a high level battle.  However, the only overdrive mode she had available was the default "Stoic" mode, so the overdrive gauge only goes up when the character takes hits and it's VERY slow.  So I went to a low level area where the enemies where levelled just high enough for damage to register so I could charge Rikku's overdrive. It was taking forever so I cast slow on my own party and haste on the enemy so they would get more turns and charge Rikku's overdrive faster......  If you are familiar with this game you can probably see where this is going and currently facepalming right now!

Instead of getting more turns, they got ALL the turns and I had no choice but to sit there red faced for half an hour as these low level fiends very, very, very slowly annihilated my end game level party!  I have never felt such an idiot in my entire life!

Edited by Crazycrab

When I was a kid I decided to do something that technically was more of a suicide mission than anything. We all know that in Zelda OoT, when you jump from some heights you roll when you land, while other heights you get hurt. I wanted to prove to myself that you can roll from any height if you press a button or move the control stick at just the right time. You know what happened next. I climbed to the top of Death Mountain, and started jumping off of it, to prove that you can roll from any height. After I took whatever amount of damage, I would go into the great faeries fountain and get healed. Well I forgot to do that. The next thing I know, since I had no faeries, I'm dead. I never did figure out to roll from such a height, obviously.

In Fortnite, one of the most funniest and dumbest ways I can remember dieing was by fall damaged. After building some height, I decided to jump - although I forgot they removed Gliders in their most recent chapter update. Believe it or not, I was in the Top 10 aswell...

17 hours ago, Alexander. said:

In Fortnite, one of the most funniest and dumbest ways I can remember dieing was by fall damaged. After building some height, I decided to jump - although I forgot they removed Gliders in their most recent chapter update. Believe it or not, I was in the Top 10 aswell...

That happens with me espeically in games like COD and the PUBG. Most of those falls are harder to survive. It's kind of irritating that way.