Register Now
DC

How do your position your gaming console?

Console positioning  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What orientation do you prefer?

• Vertical
    • Horizontal

A lot of consoles have had the ability to position them vertically in the last few years. Many of these machines are designed to look their best vertically (especially PS5). How many of you put your machines vertically?

I think the only system I've ever done that was with the PS3, and because of limited space, in all other cases, my consoles have always been horizontal.

On 6/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Always Horizontal, that way they are sitting secured on my shelf. I wouldn't trust them vertical to be honest.

I second this. Better safe than sorry, I knock things over very easily, unintentionally, I wouldn't want my £300+ console to be one of those things. Also, particularly in the PS4, the cooling system is on the sides (when placed horizontally). By placing it vertically you would be directly blocking air from leaving the PS4 and over time, leading to overheating. 

Always vertical. Positioning upright is better for the ventilation of the console and can, help prevent overheating of components.

On the other hand, there is a risk that the console could be knocked over accidentally which can be an expensive mistake.