Register Now
StaceyPowers

How long do you think we will have to wait to get next gen consoles?

I was initially going to guess I’d have to wait until around six months after launch to get a PS5, but a little more than a month in, and I am starting to think that was an overly optimistic estimate. Now I am beginning to think I might be waiting the better part of a year. Those of you who plan to buy an Xbox Series X/S or PS5, how long do you think we will have to wait for available stock?

6 Months could be somewhat realistic as with the Christmas rush, everyone is looking to get special gifts for their loved ones. Once the new year starts, the demand will drop somewhat decrease although their may be others like you that want to upgrade to a next gen console but I know of people who have gotten their hands on PS5s for the market value. Meanwhile, not a single RTX 3000 series card has been available in FOREVER.

Shouldn't be much longer. With more stores taking scalpers seriously and taking measures to stop them, I suspect shortages to stop fairly soon. But then again, who knows, scalpers always seem to find a way to screw people over. 

Either way, I'm not fussing over it, I'm not getting either new gen console until well over a year or two after release. I got my Xbox One in 2015, two years after it was already out. I suspect it will be the same for any new console. Unless I find work that pays me even more in the coming months. 

No idea, what you read and hear might not come true. Unless you hear it from the birds month. This time around with the new gen console it has been interesting and delayed more than last gen. If those pigs do not buy all of them at once to resell at a none realism deal then maybe three to six months, otherwise longer. Pre-order is slow isn't it? 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:39 PM, Syntax said:

I'd easily say until the end of 2021. By then it will be to the point where you can just walk into Walmart, and see 2-4 consoles in the plastic rack and grab one to buy it. 

Give it until June, we'll start to see far more stock of next gen consoles. I'm more focused on getting the new Zen 3 processors and a 3090 but once I have those, I'm definitely getting myself a PS5.

On 1/13/2021 at 2:39 AM, Syntax said:

I'd easily say until the end of 2021. By then it will be to the point where you can just walk into Walmart, and see 2-4 consoles in the plastic rack and grab one to buy it. 

if scalping becomes illegal before that , then there is no need to wait till the end of 2021, but making that illegal will take surely long time...

On 12/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

Have to wait: I don’t have a clue.

Going to wait: 2 years minimum.

To our greatest surprise, we eventually didn't get to wait for 2 more years like some people predicted. 

3 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

It's going to be another 2-3 years before I grab myself a PS5, going to wait for the next best model of it. 

Seriously, I believe that it won't matter how long we wait to get PS5 because the console is worth the wait whenever you get it.