Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has anyone here never been to an arcade?

On 12/30/2020 at 10:11 PM, Patrik said:

those unfortunately disappeared in my country 4-5 years ago, they were a lot fun to me as a kid and a huge part of my childhood ( and ofc the place where i used to spend all my money on 😛 )

I'd say arcade games are dying off now but the memories it has already created seems to be too strong to move on from which is why it's still a big part of gaming discussion. 

On 12/31/2020 at 9:23 PM, Shole said:

They actually didn't exist in my home town, to play arcade games I'd go to a bar with my dad where you had flipper. But I went to one in China when I was 24 😄

They are nice, but not much of my thing.

Haha. You were in China? Where do you actually belong @Shole?

It's not that famous here either. But when there were no other mean of gaming, probably around 10-12 years ago. At that time, it was quite popular. 😊

On 12/31/2020 at 4:53 PM, Shole said:

They actually didn't exist in my home town, to play arcade games I'd go to a bar with my dad where you had flipper. But I went to one in China when I was 24 😄

They are nice, but not much of my thing.

Seriously, there is no denying the fact that arcade games are something that always offered a satisfying feeling after visiting it. It's why it still hold much value in our society today. 

On 8/27/2021 at 5:22 PM, Heatman said:

I'd say arcade games are dying off now but the memories it has already created seems to be too strong to move on from which is why it's still a big part of gaming discussion. 

they aren't dying off, they died already, atleast here, i'm not able to see them anywhere unfortunately, i hope i can get one for myself real soon

I almost went to one in Scarborough (a coastal town in North Yorkshire, England) but my partner and I hadn't been able to make time as we were only there for the day. That and I'd spent all my pennies on our food. Oh, to have played a nice romantic game of House of the Dead...

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

they aren't dying off, they died already, atleast here, i'm not able to see them anywhere unfortunately, i hope i can get one for myself real soon

I think that there is a possibility it may still be available in some other parts of the world. The only problem is that the pandemic didn't really do it any favors. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that there is a possibility it may still be available in some other parts of the world. The only problem is that the pandemic didn't really do it any favors. 

i found couple of them online on ebay, but they cost a lot of money these days that they aren't worth it anymore, unless you are an enthusiast and miss your childhood 😄

5 minutes ago, Patrik said:

i found couple of them online on ebay, but they cost a lot of money these days that they aren't worth it anymore, unless you are an enthusiast and miss your childhood 😄

Well I strongly believe that some people it really matters to would definitely be willing to spend that amount of money as long as it gets them when they are after.