Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that were worth it but not at full price?

Sure. I had that feeling with the Just Cause games. I started with 2, and played all the way through the series, but I never paid full price on any of them. I usually got them from Xbox live or during sales. I never felt like the games were worth $60. Mainly because they didn't do a whole lot to change the formula for each new game. 

GTA 4 the Complete Edition, i got the disc for around 20$ in 2020!, i understand that the game is cool, but it's a game from 2008 and should cost even less for PC, especially that there are cheaper digital versions to buy, i just didn't want to wait all that time waiting for it to get downloaded (and my net is bad too :) )

I rarely pay full price for games, even the ones I buy new I try to find some sort of deal, so at worst I pay maybe $50 for them, but never more. A game really needs to be something to make me pay full price. I can probably count on one hand the times I Actually paid the full $60 for a game in my entire life.

So I could list almost all games I Ever purchased. It would be easier to list the games that were not worth buying even at a reduced price.

Edited by m76

4 hours ago, mont86 said:

I payed full price for Ghost recon breakpoint, 2 years ago, mainly to have full access . I like the game ,but it got poor reviews.

It has had some updates. I don't I would pay full price for every game I bought.

Breaking Point was the worst game of the franchise and I'm glad I didn't buy because it was so mediocre.

Anthem, Fallout 77, Star Wars Battlefront, Cyberpunk 2077 are also on my list.

This one is going to get a lot of hate, but I have to say Majoras Mask. It was ok if you wanted to play the franchise, but were bored with saving Zelda from Ganon. Other than that, it’s not something I would pay a high price for. If I was in the market for a new copy, I wouldn’t pay more than $25 and that’s for the gold hologram edition.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:09 PM, Syntax said:

No Man’s Sky (unless you have the VR), any Madden game or NBA game, need for speed games for sure..

I think those are the only ones I can list out that I can think of 

I kind of disagree in regards to the Madden or NBA games, those games are atrocious with lots of issues but the Need For Speed games are more consistent in terms of good quality. That being said. I've never really gotten into No Man's Sky so I can't say much about it.

On 2/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, mont86 said:

I payed full price for Ghost recon breakpoint, 2 years ago, mainly to have full access . I like the game ,but it got poor reviews.

It has had some updates. I don't I would pay full price for every game I bought.

I actually wanted to get that game Ghost recon breakpoint but after reading a lot of reviews about it, I decided not to and it was a good decision.