Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you had to work in the video game industry, what job would you want?

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd be the CEO because I'd get a pay raise every year despite how well the company does and the developers are the ones that get fired for failure. It's the best job in the world being a CEO at a Triple A gaming company.

Yeah, but then you would be the notorious asshole that was letting people go for a game not meet expectations within the company. Just because it doesn't do well with the gamers isn't always the fault of the developers. The game could just not be very popular, and flop for that reason. That's no fault of the developers if they busted their asses to make the game.

Edited by The Blackangel

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Yeah, but then you would be the notorious asshole that was letting people go for a game not meet expectations within the company. Just because it doesn't do well with the gamers isn't always the fault of the developers. The game could just not be very popular, and flop for that reason. That's no fault of the developers if they busted their asses to make the game.

That's my point exactly, Almost every other job in the gaming industry is absolute crap with zero benefits while the CEOs are the only ones that benefit regardless of the circumstances. As I said in other threads, I'd never take a job in the gaming industry because of how much abuse is dealt out to the majority of workers in the industry and you can't get unionized.

5 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'd probably be in the business of making a new console and steal all the customers with my all in one product. With a zillion gigabytes, lifetime warranty, and 1,000 new features, I would own it all. Sony and Microsoft will bow on their knees. 

Haha, I'm very sure they will be pissed off and be gunning for your head by doing everything they can to get everything back from you. 

I have worked in animation software like blender and 3DS Max. So I would love to work for creating animations for the games.

I too love to create 3D environments with the help of unreal or Unity engine. Actually creating 3D animation, and creating 3D game environment are almost same. 😊