Register Now
Kane99

How many gaming headsets have you gone through?

I'd say I've gone through a ton of headsets at this point. I used to have to get a new pair a lot when I gamed on my 360. These days I have a hyperx headset that I got during black friday. It works good enough. But back in the day I maybe purchased 5-8 headsets alone for the 360. I had to replace a couple on the Xbox One as well. But the one before my hyperx still work, and I owned it for a few years now. 

How many would you guess you've gone through?  

Aren't many in fact, the headphones that I use everyday for gaming is an old Astro A40, the full set 🙂 Around a good eight years now since I got it back in 2013 or maybe 2012. Even that it has been fixed many times by glueing it.

None but that's because I don't actually have any dedicated gaming headsets. Since I play on the PS5 and Series X, I just use some normal earphones to play with. The sound from them is pretty good and the microphone is good enough when needed. I've gone through a few of them but thats because they've stopped working (one of the earphones stops working etc.)

2 hours ago, Darth said:

None but that's because I don't actually have any dedicated gaming headsets. Since I play on the PS5 and Series X, I just use some normal earphones to play with. The sound from them is pretty good and the microphone is good enough when needed. I've gone through a few of them but thats because they've stopped working (one of the earphones stops working etc.)

You have both?!

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Aren't many in fact, the headphones that I use everyday for gaming is an old Astro A40, the full set 🙂 Around a good eight years now since I got it back in 2013 or maybe 2012. Even that it has been fixed many times by glueing it.

Noice! I heard the Astro brand of headsets are really good. I think HyperX were a clone company trying to compete with Astro headsets, but I could be wrong. 

9 hours ago, Darth said:

Ah okay, so just a pair of earbuds or headphones, gotcha. Yeah with newer consoles, you can pretty much pluc in a standard pair of earbuds or a headset and heard the audio from the console. It's how I sometimes watch tv and game on my Xbox One if I have family over and it's late. 🙂 

On 12/12/2021 at 8:19 PM, The Blackangel said:

You have both?!

Yeah, got the PS5 at launch from Amazon as my main console. When I found out flight simulator was coming out for the Series X, I jut had to get one so I did. I got it through the All Access thing they have where you pay it off monthly though. That seems to be the only way to get a hold of one at the moment.

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Personally, I'm not really that much of a big fan when it comes to playing with gaming headsets. It's only 2 that I have ever played with till date. 

Having 2 headset is an average buy in my opinion. There are some gamers who wouldn't be comfortable with playing using headset at all.