Register Now
Jayson

Used or New Games

Which do you buy?  Do you buy both?  What motivates you to buy a certain way?  Myself, I used to buy used mostly due to the price, but occasionally I'd buy something new - if it was something I really liked especially.

I used to buy used games for the Xbox 360 because I was slightly late in getting it so some of my favourite games had already come out. But with my recent consoles, I've stuck to buying new games because I tend to get that at launch most of the time.

21 hours ago, Jayson said:

Which do you buy?  Do you buy both?  What motivates you to buy a certain way?  Myself, I used to buy used mostly due to the price, but occasionally I'd buy something new - if it was something I really liked especially.

It depends on the motive. When I want to play a game that just came out, I will buy the new game as longas it is affordable. However, I always look out for used games to buy as that is the way I get to save cost playing the games that I like.

On 3/18/2022 at 9:19 AM, Jayson said:

Current gen i always buy new, if i don't want to pay full price, i just wait until it drops in price and pick up a copy. Most games drop a few months after release.

Retro i'll settle with used but only if it's complete and in exellent condition.

Edited by Yaramaki

Being a classic gamer it's almost impossible to find a new game. But for current gen games, I buy whichever I find at the best price. I've bought a lot of used games, and never had any issues with them. I got the first 3 AC games from Gamestop used, for a total of about $4. They have never let me down once. So if I can get a deal like that, why the hell would I look for new copies that by themselves are at least $40 instead?

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Personally, I don't have any need for a used game. I can very well afford my games anew unless I feel like helping out a friend with the used game. 

If you think your funds is enough for only  new games, that's not a problem it is worth it. I desire better video game time, with brand new franchise versions, but at times finance comes begging. 

Not every time I can purchase brand new video games, because the funds aren't steady for me. I don't expect to pay $30-$40 every time I need a new video game for my current PS console. Because, it will wreck me and making me go unexpected bankruptcy. 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Being a classic gamer it's almost impossible to find a new game. But for current gen games, I buy whichever I find at the best price. I've bought a lot of used games, and never had any issues with them. I got the first 3 AC games from Gamestop used, for a total of about $4. They have never let me down once. So if I can get a deal like that, why the hell would I look for new copies that by themselves are at least $40 instead?

Buying three games for as low as $4 must be the deal of the day and to cap it all, you got no issues after buying them. I like the part where one can buy used games at an extremely cheaper price too.

17 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Buying three games for as low as $4 must be the deal of the day and to cap it all, you got no issues after buying them. I like the part where one can buy used games at an extremely cheaper price too.

$4 dollars games is most likely going to be a trash game. I'm never going to be expecting more from it. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

$4 dollars games is most likely going to be a trash game. I'm never going to be expecting more from it. 

Well, it still depends on what type of games the poster likes playing. I will be sceptical about purchasing 3 games for $4, but since it worked for @The Blackangel, it is no big deal.

Edited by Knight Barida