Register Now
StaceyPowers

On average, how much time passes between you buying a game and playing it?

As the OP and Kane above me have said, it's hard to say. I have just over 2,000 games on Steam and I've not played a great many of them due to impulse purchases, download speeds and general disinterest.

When it comes to physical media though? The soonest I can play it. Rarely did I wait long to play something on a disc or cartridge.

Depends really, I brought games 10 years ago that I never played XD I end up building the game libery more then anything. Then there are games that I have played right away after that I brought the game.  MSFS2020 is only sim that I play right after it got downloaded and stuck with it. 

I've got games that i bought nearly 20 years ago that are still sealed, as a collector i'll admit 95% of what i buy is like, eh we will get around to eventually but deep down inside i know that will likely never happen. I know it's hard to justify offcourse but i've always enjoyed owning the games equally as playing them, like i have the games on my shelf i can play it whenever i feel like vibe.

For modern titles that i really want to play i'm usually a year behind orso as i tend to always feel screwed when playing a game on or close after launch.

with all the bundle sales nowadays? there's always games that you won't or will rarely play.

But if there's something I'm aiming for, I play that almost immediately 😉

sometime's they'll get played if you let a relative or kid borrow your steam library sometimes to goof around. 😋

I used to trade games on game trading sites in the past and got a ton of games in return. A lot of the games I got, I have never played. I even got games for consoles I wanted to get eventually and still never got, so those never got played. 

One of these days maybe lol. 

It completely dependent on the game in question. Take for instance, when I purchased Elden Ring, I started playing it almost immediately when it was bought. The same thing was what happened with Ghost of Tsushima and Seriko : Shadow Die Twice. In most cases, I start out playing most of my Soul's games immediately. 

I can't truly figure that out, I buy games when I've added them on my wishlist, if not, I don't see any reason of buying that game out of my budget. I don't have much finance, I manage myself and make budget for myself. At times it takes over 365 days before I get a game that impressed me due to lack of budget for that game. 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:19 PM, Syntax said:

Days, although with many games I have backlogged, I'll play a little of it, and then it'll stay in the case for a while (months, sometimes even a year) before I finally can get to it.

Cutting down on my game's backlog is one of my biggest challenges. This is because I keep getting more games and keep adding it to an already big pile of games that are yet to be completed. I'm not a completionist, so it even make me to have more games left without being completed 100%.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:41 AM, Heatman said:

Cutting down on my game's backlog is one of my biggest challenges. This is because I keep getting more games and keep adding it to an already big pile of games that are yet to be completed. I'm not a completionist, so it even make me to have more games left without being completed 100%.

I think I spend more on video games than anything else, I have a whole list of video games I bought and played just once

I would get any other game until I ma able to play the ones I have right now.

For me, it really does depend on the game and how eager I am to play the game after purchasing. In most cases I tend to only buy games when I know I will definitely play them so within say a few hours after purchase. I have in the past been known though to buy a game when it's been on sale and it's taken weeks for me to start playing it but I knew if I didn't jump on it whilst it was on sale, I would have missed out.

On 11/26/2022 at 8:15 PM, Shortie said:

For me, it really does depend on the game and how eager I am to play the game after purchasing. In most cases I tend to only buy games when I know I will definitely play them so within say a few hours after purchase. I have in the past been known though to buy a game when it's been on sale and it's taken weeks for me to start playing it but I knew if I didn't jump on it whilst it was on sale, I would have missed out.

I usually purchase video games on impulse, I might just be browsing through steam and come across a video game I feel might be cool so I just purchase it and add it to my backlog.

I realized I haven't even played some of the games I bought , so now I only purchase video games I Know I would definitely be able to play within the shortest possible time.