Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most badass you’ve ever felt in a game?

When I learned the Fus-Ro-Dah shout in Skyrim and started using it for EVERYTHING. Another moment is when I got the Flamethrower in Alien Isolation because I could finally chase away that two-mouthed critter and it's a flamethrower which already makes it badass.

Spoiler alert!

The last mission in Manhunt when you kill the guy who was the responsable of all your troubles during the whole game, it's true that he saved you from being executed, but he did it for his own benefit.

Felt so cool when i finished the guy :classic_cool:

I have felt that way in the Assassin’s Creed games. When I get overwhelmed by a bunch of soldiers, and not just take the hits and fight them off right then and there, but to utilize every skill I know how and fight my way out; hack/slash; escape for a few seconds and hide in a bush; creep up to one and assassinate them; then a running charge at another from behind and assassinate; climb up a wall and jump from rooftops shooting arrows and land onto another to assassinate; then brawl some more and smash brains all over the ground after I switch my weapon to use a freakin sledgehammer. Bash some more; slice with a sword; set em on fire. It’s when many surround you everywhere and you have to run, climb, fight, hide, shoot arrows, think fast or die. Then if a bounty hunter was trailing you and they join the fray, or you got three or more bounty hunters all gathered at the same time, my soul get’s taken to a time when my ancestors fought with iron and bone and I no longer exist on this plane of existence. I live a past memory, as in AC, and unleash the fury of an ancient warrior fighting to protect their land. With strength of my own will, speed of my own making, and awareness of my own refusal to surrender; till my last breath; till my body still holds blood; till my muscles still can contract; I will hold your dying spirit here as long as your blood wets my skin. I will swing with fist once my hatchet breaks; I will kick and head bunt till my skull cracks. I can smell the metal mist in the air from exploding blood. The memory of pain is gone and I can’t feel anything except for the watery hot blood splayed across my face and chest. My blood soaked weapon I yanked from a caved face won’t slip this death grip. The iron broke before my grip did. Now I stab with its jagged broken edges and slap flesh with metal. I scream and can feel the veins pulsating on the surface of my head. I don’t need weapons anymore. It’s my fist against your shield. You can’t be protected against this special attack. This is what I was born for. This is an honor to die for. Now I find myself back in Abstergo in present day. WTF happened? Oh Kassandra; you did it again didn’t you?

When I was left against the Litch King(Athas) alone and managed to survive and kill it. It was such a lucky move, my colddowns hit right when I needed them and boy was my guild happy about that. We didn't get any "good" loot aka the mount, but it is the best I ever felt when I managed to 1v1 the boss xD

There was a mission in Black Ops 2 I think, where you play as one of the villains and play a bit of his backstory, and you go through this drug fuelled rage and kills a bunch of enemies with a machete I think. I may be forgetting how it played out, as I haven't played the game in a long time. But I just remember feeling like a badass going through these guys with ease. 

I think we need to separate two things here.

As in Badass as a player, eg feeling you achieved something that requires great skill. Or badass as the character.

As a player probably my proudest achievement is that I used to race against a current real world champion driver in Live for Speed. And he could barely best me. Even complimented my driving.

As the character the most memorable badassery was in the Tomb Raider reboots when you get the rope pull ability and can pull down barricades. That somehow felt strangely empowering.

There was also that other time in Eden Eternal that I went into a dungeon with my Raid team and the two DPS died pretty early in the fight against the major boss and the healer died halfway through and I took down the Boss and the mini bosses by myself and the best part is I ran out of potions shortly after the healer died so I was kiting like hell as the tank. After that fight and word got out about what I did, I was getting invited to all kinds of dungeons because I was one of the strongest tanks around. Hell, my guild even used the footage from that dungeon as a recruitment video.