Register Now
StaceyPowers

How many games are installed on your system currently?

I don't know how many. They are spread among so many platforms and launchers that even counting it would take a while.

I usually uninstall games when I finish them, but not always, there are plenty of leftover installed games that I'll probably never touch again.  I'll probably wipe them when I run out of space.

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Well, on my PS4 I have like 15-16 games installed. While on my PC I have around 3 games installed. I initially had around 6 games, but my computer started to behave slow, so I had to uninstall some of them. 😅

I played a lot more of my games using my Playstation 4 console than my PS1 to PS3. So, about 76% of all my games were on PS4. 

8 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Well, on my PS4 I have like 15-16 games installed. While on my PC I have around 3 games installed. I initially had around 6 games, but my computer started to behave slow, so I had to uninstall some of them. 😅

What kind of PC do you have?

8 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

The memory capacity of your PC must really be very small for such thing to happen. 

9 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I'm no expert, but I don't think a storage diving nearing it's capacity would be a direct cause of slowdown on a modern PC. The games would have to be stored a rather slow HDD that also serves as the boot drive for the operating system for that to be possible. Having such problems after only installing a handful of games is also really odd. Can you give details on the PC you're using?

Edited by Shagger

37 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Having such problems after only installing a handful of games is also really odd. 

Seriously, that's exactly what's really confusing me because ordinarily that shouldn't happen with the few games he said to have installed. 

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

I'm no expert, but I don't think a storage diving nearing it's capacity would be direct cause of slowdown on a modern PC.

Actually if it's a Hard Drive then it can, but there may be other contributing factors as well.  When formatted the HDD is split is a large amount of sectors of a fixed size.

A good metaphor for this is to think of HDD storage as giant car park with space being a block of data of 4kb or so.  It will start filling at one end to the other until it's full.  But data gets deleted so gaps start to show up, so by the time it reaches the end there are gaps everywhere.  Then Call of Duty Warzone shows up with 1,000 coaches of it's uncompressed audio files and shit.  There is enough space to fit them all but not together, so they get spread out.  Unfortunately this means it takes longer for the OS to find them parts of it that it needs, slowing things down.

You can address this issue with Defragmentation, a process that essentially moves things around and attempts to pair associated files together improving efficiency.  I'll leave a link to an article listing some software options.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-defrag-software-tools-2619172

Edited by Crazycrab