Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you cope when you finish your favorite game again?

I think I have been able to gain full control of how I react to my games especially games I really enjoy. I don't let that get to my head , I just start playing a different game and when I am in the mood I still play games I have completed before.

I'm by no means a medical professional but there shouldn't be withdrawal symptoms. I'll move on because I think - I hope - this was just an ill worded phrase, otherwise please seek help.

As to what I do... I either play it again if it's worth doing so, or I don't. I'm not quite sure I understand what there is to discuss.

By the time I finish a game I had my fill for a while, so I don't miss them right away.

Sure there are games I wish were longer, but that has nothing to do with re-playing them.

3 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

I do not experience withdrawal symptoms, in fact, I feel a sense of satisfaction, a sense of winning, a sense of being a winner. It is a great feeling.

That's right, it takes several dedicated hours of game play to actually complete a game and when I do I feel great about it, Instead of having withdrawal symptoms. I usually use it as a bragging right among my friends who are also playing these games as well.

8 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

I usual suffer from withdrawal symptoms when I used to be addicted to some of the games that I play. Since I beat my addiction, it doesn’t happen to me any more even with my favorite games. 

If you really were harmfully addicted to games, I feel compelled to ask you something. Before I ask though I want to be clear I am not trying to drive you away from the site and that you are very much welcome here. I'm only asking this because as a mod our member's welfare is my top concern.

Is it really ok for you to be here on this forum? You being here just looks like the equivilant of a recovering alcoholic hanging out at a bar.

Edited by Shagger

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

If you really were harmfully addicted to games, I feel complelked to ask you something. Before I ask though I want to be clear I am not trying to drive you away from the site and that you are very much welcome here. I'm only asking this because as a mod our member's welfare is my top concern.

Is it really ok for you to be here on this forum? You being here just looks like the equivilant of a recovering alcoholic hanging out at a bar.

I appreciate your concern mate and you don't have to worry at all. I'm all good now. What VGR helps me with is having a place where I talk more about games because it's what I love than actually playing more. 

The very moment I feel it's no longer conducive for me to do that, I know it's the right time for me to withdraw completely. 

7 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

I appreciate your concern mate and you don't have to worry at all. I'm all good now. What VGR helps me with is having a place where I talk more about games because it's what I love than actually playing more. 

The very moment I feel it's no longer conducive for me to do that, I know it's the right time for me to withdraw completely. 

Very well. Thank you for the assurance.