Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you choose your difficulty settings?

I always go for normal in games that i never played before, and hard in games that i played atleast twice, this way, i guarantee myself some fairness and fun at the same time (easy games are no fun sometimes)

Realistic games I play on the hardest difficulty, as in closest to realistic. Like Ghost Recon Wildlands, DeusEx.

Non-realistic action games and RPGs usually on normal difficulty.

I skip games that are too difficult on normal, because it usually means an irreconcilable difference between how I want to play games and how the devs intended the game to be played.

Edited by m76

I tend to go with normal settings and if I like the game and really want to do the story again then I got to the next level. But 100% of the time I do it once and that's all. I like the chill-out story rather then trying to play hard and keep lossing it 😞 

I have always started off on the Easy level with a new game, even if I have played previous games in the series. For me, it's about enjoyment and being able to explore and get a feel for the game is easier than diving right in and while you can switch out difficulty levels, it's just a lot smarter to have an easier start rather than get frustrated.

When I play a game I've never played for the first time, I always play through on normal mode first.  Then, assuming I like the game enough, I may utilize harder difficulty setting if I suspect or hope they contain additional content to be found, like the true final boss and true ending, new unlockable playable characters, story, weapons.... You get the idea.

In my whole life I think I only ever deviated from this system once.  When I played Ghosts 'n Goblins Ultimate on the PSP for the first time, I picked the hardest difficulty setting.  In all of those games, its set up so that if you get hit once, you lose your armor, and if you get hit again (in your underwear), you die.  Normal mode in this game made it so that you could get hit multiple times before losing your armor, and that didn't feel right to me, because it was inconsistent with the rest of the series.

Edited by Steerminator

On 5/6/2021 at 10:30 PM, killamch89 said:

I always go for the most difficult one even when I have absolutely no clue how to play a game

that's still not recommended in my opinion for many reasons, dying and repeating missions again and again sometimes will make you stop playing that game or checking youtube for tips which might spoil the game for you :(

Normally I go for Extreme or Hard, unless I really just want to play the story and then I’ll go on normal mode (i never really go for the easiest mode since that’s gimmicky on gameplay then).

On 5/6/2021 at 10:11 PM, Patrik said:

I always go for normal in games that i never played before, and hard in games that i played atleast twice, this way, i guarantee myself some fairness and fun at the same time (easy games are no fun sometimes)

Exactly, it's very better to start out with normal play level especially if it's a new trail with a new game and then progress.