Register Now
m76

Brand based games

Branded games are basically advertisements in game format, they are games designed to promote a commercial brand. Not to  be confused with games that feature licensed brands.

Have you played any game like this, and were they any good? 

When people think of brand games on Playstation One, their first thought is likely to be Pepsiman. However I recall M&Ms: Shell Shocked as a very clumsy Crash Bandicoot knock-off that at least tried to be decent. Reviewing that one was rather fun.

Doritos Dash of Destruction was kinda neat; you played as a car picking up Doritos evading dinosaurs, or you'd play as a dinosaur destroying the town and eating up the cars before they collected the Doritos.

Beyond that there's not many that I remember playing. There's loads of them out there, the 7-Up game "Cool Spot" for instance, but few that I've played.

1 minute ago, Withywarlock said:

Beyond that there's not many that I remember playing. There's loads of them out there, the 7-Up game "Cool Spot" for instance, but few that I've played.

I played Cool Spot, it is actually a pretty good game, some say it's one of the best platformers.I didn't even know at the time that it is a brand game.

Others I've played are Guldkorn Express

The latest I remember was BMW M3 Challenge from 2007.

12 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

When people think of brand games on Playstation One, their first thought is likely to be Pepsiman. However I recall M&Ms: Shell Shocked as a very clumsy Crash Bandicoot knock-off that at least tried to be decent. Reviewing that one was rather fun.

Doritos Dash of Destruction was kinda neat; you played as a car picking up Doritos evading dinosaurs, or you'd play as a dinosaur destroying the town and eating up the cars before they collected the Doritos.

Cool Spot is definitely a stand out game for such brand based games. It was quite popular at the time when it first hit the market which we all knew how popular SEGA was at the time. 

Most free games that you can get hold off from apps or whatnot offers that 🙂 but not branded games in that matter. Other then free steam poker games and while it's free to play you ahve tp spend money on getting extras that I aways disliked. Poker for you 😛 

21 hours ago, Empire said:

Most free games that you can get hold off from apps or whatnot offers that 🙂 but not branded games in that matter. Other then free steam poker games and while it's free to play you ahve tp spend money on getting extras that I aways disliked. Poker for you 😛 

Can Top Eleven Football Manager be considered as a brand game? Have anyone else played the game? It's free on mobile devices. 

I wouldn't consider Top Eleven as a branded game. That's just a football management/strategy game that has Mourinho as the brand image. It's not a game about Mourinho.

I don't think I've ever played any brand based games. I wouldn't mind playing a McDonalds cooking based game though, might be fun to learn about their cooking techniques lol

Yo! Noid on NES was always a fun game. It's a Dominos Pizza advertisement game. I saw Pepsiman for the first time from AVGN. I never knew it even existed before that. Yo! Noid is monotonous as hell and really pointless by today's standards, but I enjoyed the hell out of it, and still do to this day.

So essentially stuff like pepsiman, cool spot, that mckids game, and the Burger king games back in the mid 2000s. There are some good brand themed games, but there's more bad ones than good out there. 

On and Doritos Crash Course, that game was great. 

15 hours ago, Darth said:

I wouldn't consider Top Eleven as a branded game. That's just a football management/strategy game that has Mourinho as the brand image. It's not a game about Mourinho.

I don't think I've ever played any brand based games. I wouldn't mind playing a McDonalds cooking based game though, might be fun to learn about their cooking techniques lol

Yeah exactly, that's if you are interested in cooking. I'd only be interested in learning how to make their burgers.