Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you pre-order games?

No. I choose not to pre order video games. Most of the time when it comes to new console and game releases, my preference is to wait a while after the initial release of the computer game as the price tends to reduce over time. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

If it is FPS then I usually look through the demo and the trailer and gameplays. If all of those are good then yeah, going for the pre order makes sense to me. Though I am kind of skeptical about games such as New Dawn. I definitely don't want to play such type of games after ordering them if they have agenda in it. 

Humble bundle pre order also looks like a good deal to me. I got ebook bundle once in pre order it was a good deal. 

I’ve pre-ordered games in the past. It’s usually when there’s a really good deal for a game I’m gonna buy, or when there’s some freebies thrown in (like a soundtrack/artbook/badges etc). I haven’t pre-ordered a game for years, though.

I've pre-ordered a few. I pre-ordered The new God Of War that came out on PS4, and I pre-ordered For Honor (gold edition). Elder Scrolls: Elsweyr is coming out on June 4th. When I first saw the trailer for the game on YouTube, I initially thought it was a movie trailer. I'm going to order it when I get a few bucks in my pocket. The pre-order has a lot of extra features, that the regular pick up order won't have. I pre-order series that I'm a big fan of, like God Of War. Other series that I like or games that just look really awesome to me I'll pre-order. But I don't do it often.

Never ever pre-order, wait for reviews! no matter what the product is (console, PC part, games or anything else that nobody knows), just look at cyberpunk for example or anything else that got released and disappointed people :(

I'll only pre-order if it's the latest installment in a franchise I'm already invested in. I know I'm going to play that bad boy the day it comes out, no matter how much it sucks or doesn't suck. Because it's just that much easier than walking around the internet with horse blinders on trying to avoid spoilers.
Otherwise, if it's not part of a series, I'll wait a year or two until the price drops and/or I can buy a used copy. Unfortunately, buying used copies of games is going to get harder in the future, I think, with most game purchases being digital these days.

I haven't pre-ordered a game for a very long time, last I can remember was BF3.

Recently, however, I pre-ordered Battlefront 3. I am a huge fan and can't wait for this game however I waited then it came then I had to cancel the order, and the moment it comes out I wanted to play it, but didn't happen. I am not concerned with performance issues or a lazy port job. I just want to play the dang game.

I pre-order games that I'm sold on. What difference does it make if I pre-order or buy it on release day?

As for which version that depends on the extra features and costs. But recently most digital deluxe and gold editions were just not worth the price. They only include a few useless in-game items and a season pass. And I hate live service games so a season pass is of no use to me.