Register Now
Kane99

Do you think we'll see a smaller PS5 later on?

Most Sony consoles came out with a second or third version, usually smaller. The PS1 had the PSone, which was a smaller version of the PlayStation, and was super cute. I owned the fat PS1, but always wanted to own the PSone version. Then the PS2 came about and dropped a slim model. The PS3 kind of changed it up, as I think they had multiple different versions. I think three in total, the original Spider-man font PS3, then the one we mostly know, the first slim, with a matte finish and then they did a smaller PS3 with a sliding disc tray you could open. 

As for the PS4, it had a the PS4 Slim and PS4 pro. 

My only concern, is that they made the PS5 look the way it is because of what's inside of it. So I wonder if they can put this machine into something smaller down the road. What do you think?

I'm sure they'll think up something. They always do. They'll make a more compact version of it and release it a year or two after the initial one launches. I'm curious as to what it would look like, as they always change it up a bit. But I'm absolutely positive that they'll do it.

There'll be a thinner version, without doubt. They already have all the components, all they have to do is figure out how to compress everything into a smaller device. It's a win-win for both the producer and consumer that wants a smaller device.

Sony will probably release a slim version of the PS5 like they did with the PS4. Personally, it does not affect me as my PS5 will simply sit on a stand, and portability is not something I need.