Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you keep your console cool in super hot weather?

Here where i live, houses are built different, and there's a floor decoration that works like glass (except that it's not glass), it's cold the whole time no matter what season it is, so i used to lay my ps2 there the whole time

Not surprisingly it's a rare problem in Scotland but I have been known to use a damp dish towel when my console's fans where really screeming. However I honestly think it's better just to turn them off for while.

Edited by Crazycrab

Cool location in your house, Mostly people so not worry about it as the system should able to keep itself cooler anyway. Like PCs the fans spins faster and whatnot as it gets hotter. When it's a hot day, My PC is off as it's in a hot room and as I turn the PC on I tend to fail in the warm first before the PC. 

2 hours ago, m76 said:

I never had a problem with consoles overheating even when it was 35C° in the room.

I concur. Even on the hottest of days there is no reason game consoles should overheat unless there is some unrelated problem.

On 5/30/2021 at 12:53 AM, StaceyPowers said:

When the weather is blazing hot, what steps do you take to protect your console?

Putting my home air conditioner on solves that problem completely with little or no stress at all.