Register Now
The Blackangel

Xbox Buys Activision. Sony Buys Bungie. Where is Nintendo in this buying craze?

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Agreed, I just hope that some regulating body interferes because it's bad for the industry if just a few companies own all the gaming studios. The lack of competition will lead to the lack of innovation in games.

That's for sure, more video game companies made it possible for us to play some better games. Had it been their is just one company making it all, it would've been more terrible. 

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Being an American company, there's no way they could. I don't know what the international laws are, but it's illegal here in the states. Microsoft had to bail out Apple to keep from having that monopoly in 1997 so they didn't go bankrupt. Here in the states, you're required by law to have competition. Microsoft has Sony and Nintendo, plus a ton of indie studios. As far as computers go, they have the competition from Apple once again.

The United States always know how how bad it's going to be for business when they allow some business to monopolize the market. So, they can't allow it. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's for sure, more video game companies made it possible for us to play some better games. Had it been their is just one company making it all, it would've been more terrible. 

Well, even now that there are still competitors in the market, some of these big companies like Ubisoft, EA, Capcom all still make trash games. 

Nintendo doesen't really need to start and go buying up studios, pretty sure they can but why would they. They have the strongest ip's in gaming pokemon, mario, zelda, etc etc. 

Nintendo also has the most loyal fanbase out their that pretty much buy anything they put out -> let's port a wiiu game over and charge full price for it, those suckers will buy it anyway.

I used to buy a nintendo system to play nintendo games since the rest i can play elsewhere. With the switch it's the same however i also find it to be the best place to play smaller games, it's also the purest game system in my oppinion you pop in a cart and you're good to go, no bullshit with downloads taking forever, if there are any patches it never takes long. 

31 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Nintendo doesen't really need to start and go buying up studios, pretty sure they can but why would they. They have the strongest ip's in gaming pokemon, mario, zelda, etc etc. 

Nintendo also has the most loyal fanbase out their that pretty much buy anything they put out -> let's port a wiiu game over and charge full price for it, those suckers will buy it anyway.

I used to buy a nintendo system to play nintendo games since the rest i can play elsewhere. With the switch it's the same however i also find it to be the best place to play smaller games, it's also the purest game system in my oppinion you pop in a cart and you're good to go, no bullshit with downloads taking forever, if there are any patches it never takes long. 

100% agree. Nintendo is perfectly fine doing their thing. It works for them and for their fans. I think Nintendo fans won't care whether they buy up studios or not. They just want to play the games that make their consoles. 

I've said it a few times, Nintendo doesn't need the triple A games that other consoles get. Yeah sure a COD would be nice on the Switch, but I'm sure fans aren't itching to get their fix of COD on a Nintendo console. The fanbase is vastly different. 

When I see Nintendo, I see a niche that they found for themselves. That niche is perfectly suited for them, because they know the niche 100% and know how to market it, how to sell it, how to get people interested and so on. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

100% agree. Nintendo is perfectly fine doing their thing. It works for them and for their fans. I think Nintendo fans won't care whether they buy up studios or not. They just want to play the games that make their consoles. 

I've said it a few times, Nintendo doesn't need the triple A games that other consoles get. Yeah sure a COD would be nice on the Switch, but I'm sure fans aren't itching to get their fix of COD on a Nintendo console. The fanbase is vastly different. 

When I see Nintendo, I see a niche that they found for themselves. That niche is perfectly suited for them, because they know the niche 100% and know how to market it, how to sell it, how to get people interested and so on. 

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, Nintendo is best suited to rival all that AAA game's companies because they have a unique way of doing their business. 

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

You mean Ultra loyal fanbase - I may like the games a company puts out but I will never be that blinded that I'll support their terrible practices.

I don't know how much Nintendo was affected by the chip shortage, or if it was as bad as the playstation and xbox. But with these console wars and Russia/Ukraine about to go to war and the sanctions against Russia, we can expect there to be even further chip shortages. So even if they wanted to buy everything up and make exclusives to their consoles, think about the future of chip shortages and the least dependent on it will come out on top. It's hard to determine which console sells the most or in most demand when there is scalpers and chip shortages. I think that is an underlying and prolonging issue for all consoles going forward. How the chips affect the monopoly wave, is yet to be seen. If you think about it, the shortage may even influence the monopoly behavior if there is only enough chips for one console brand. Let's say it never gets that bad. I still will forever be against this buying up craze. Competition should be based on what you can offer and not what you can buy off; and definitely not what you can offer through cheating the competition because you have the money to do so. Covid boosted the gaming industry and is destroying it by attracting the greedy spotlight and monopoly madness. Then the regulators come in to investigate, and spurs them into even more of a buying frenzy before laws are passed that protect consumers. Fuck all them monopoly brats. Put them egg heads on the wall and watch them fall, or push them over for good measure. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, even now that there are still competitors in the market, some of these big companies like Ubisoft, EA, Capcom all still make trash games. 

Yes, they still make trash games one way to the other. That's why I care less this days around their video games. 

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You mean Ultra loyal fanbase - I may like the games a company puts out but I will never be that blinded that I'll support their terrible practices.

If gamers knows how to have one voice, these companies wouldn't be doing all their shit they doing with us with what they make.